Anyone have a Bushmaster ACR Enhanced? Looking to try before buying....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Hi Folks,

Really wasn't sure how to go about asking this - so I'll just be blunt. Looking at purchasing an ACR Enhanced but would like to get a feel for the ergonomics. Is anyone willing to meet up for a range day or know of any dealers that may have one on the shelf? Thanks!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Had one, the enhanced version is very front end heavy. That was part of the reason I sold mine.
    If I were in the market for an ACR today I would buy the standard version.
    Bushmaster (now Remington) never did support it with the extra barrels in different calibers, thus negating the modularity of the system.
    It really dosen't do anything a decent AR can do. This is also my opinion of the 5.56 SCAR, not doing anything an AR can do.

NateP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Had one, the enhanced version is very front end heavy. That was part of the reason I sold mine.
    If I were in the market for an ACR today I would buy the standard version.
    Bushmaster (now Remington) never did support it with the extra barrels in different calibers, thus negating the modularity of the system.
    It really dosen't do anything a decent AR can do. This is also my opinion of the 5.56 SCAR, not doing anything an AR can do.

I think that's a fair opinion, thanks. It looks like you can get the different barrels now, or atleast Brownells has them - link, for about the price of a complete upper.

I am in the market for a piston gun, I looked at the SIG516 - makes more sense to me buying into the piston design on the ACR platform than going with a retrofitted piston AR15.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think that's a fair opinion, thanks. It looks like you can get the different barrels now, or atleast Brownells has them - link, for about the price of a complete upper.

I am in the market for a piston gun, I looked at the SIG516 - makes more sense to me buying into the piston design on the ACR platform than going with a retrofitted piston AR15.

Or just buy a piston AR. LWRCi may be about the same as an ACR.
    If I were buying an ACR today, I would get the standard version and put the enhanced stock on it. And leave the front alone, except for a few MOE attachments.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I had the enhanced years ago. It is a very nice rifle, but was heavy, and as mentioned wasn't supported with the extra barrels, which was my main reason for getting it. The Ruger SR556 might be an option. A friend let me try his and it was very nice.

Top Bottom