Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Anyone have a Bushmaster ACR Enhanced? Looking to try before buying....

Hi Folks,

Really wasn't sure how to go about asking this - so I'll just be blunt. Looking at purchasing an ACR Enhanced but would like to get a feel for the ergonomics. Is anyone willing to meet up for a range day or know of any dealers that may have one on the shelf? Thanks!

User Info Menu

Your location would probably help
    It is not the length of our lives that is in question,but rather the content.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Hamilton County area, but, willing to travel.

User Info Menu

Had one, the enhanced version is very front end heavy. That was part of the reason I sold mine.
    If I were in the market for an ACR today I would buy the standard version.
    Bushmaster (now Remington) never did support it with the extra barrels in different calibers, thus negating the modularity of the system.
    It really dosen't do anything a decent AR can do. This is also my opinion of the 5.56 SCAR, not doing anything an AR can do.
    Test for Echo

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 223 Gunner View Post
    Had one, the enhanced version is very front end heavy. That was part of the reason I sold mine.
    If I were in the market for an ACR today I would buy the standard version.
    Bushmaster (now Remington) never did support it with the extra barrels in different calibers, thus negating the modularity of the system.
    It really dosen't do anything a decent AR can do. This is also my opinion of the 5.56 SCAR, not doing anything an AR can do.

I think that's a fair opinion, thanks. It looks like you can get the different barrels now, or atleast Brownells has them - link, for about the price of a complete upper.

I am in the market for a piston gun, I looked at the SIG516 - makes more sense to me buying into the piston design on the ACR platform than going with a retrofitted piston AR15.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NateP View Post
    I think that's a fair opinion, thanks. It looks like you can get the different barrels now, or atleast Brownells has them - link, for about the price of a complete upper.

I am in the market for a piston gun, I looked at the SIG516 - makes more sense to me buying into the piston design on the ACR platform than going with a retrofitted piston AR15.
    Or just buy a piston AR. LWRCi may be about the same as an ACR.
    If I were buying an ACR today, I would get the standard version and put the enhanced stock on it. And leave the front alone, except for a few MOE attachments.
    Test for Echo

Expert

User Info Menu

I had the enhanced years ago. It is a very nice rifle, but was heavy, and as mentioned wasn't supported with the extra barrels, which was my main reason for getting it. The Ruger SR556 might be an option. A friend let me try his and it was very nice.