• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Picked up a Ruger PC Carbine this past weekend. Its going to be a plinker and my SHTF gun. Bought a bunch of 33 round glock mags as well. Would love to hear from others out there that are keeping and shooting this rifle.

Take care

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    Academy is going to have them for $399 on Black Friday.

i_Academy-Sports-2018-Rugar-PC-Carbine-BFAds-1541603478.jpg

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    They did a great job on it. I run mine with factory glock 17 mags and magpul mags. Very handy little carbine, built like a Ruger.

I have been hankering for a 9mm carbine for a while, but the main choices were Beretta, hi-point, or Kel-tec. For various reasons, none was what I really wanted. Glad I waited until this came out.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    They did a great job on it. I run mine with factory glock 17 mags and magpul mags. Very handy little carbine, built like a Ruger.

I have been hankering for a 9mm carbine for a while, but the main choices were Beretta, hi-point, or Kel-tec. For various reasons, none was what I really wanted. Glad I waited until this came out.

Same here. I run mine suppressed with zero problems. I've ran multiple types and styles of ammo without a problem. Only modification was adding a brake with the suppressor adapter. I also polished the trigger components for a very crisp pull. I use stock Glock and Magpul mags as well as some 33 round Chinese ones.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Right On! Glad to hear they are running as they should. I bought a bunch of 33 round mags and a bag (Like the one that comes with the 10/22 takedown). Hopefully I get a chance to take it out for a test drive this weekend. For the money, its a decent little SHTF/HD set up.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I’ve run into a problem I hope you all can help me with. Finally got my 33 rounders in the mail. When I insert the mag it’s like the mag is sitting to high in the mag well. The bolt hits the mag lip when I go to chamber a round. Any ideas?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Compare the distance between the mag latch slot and the top of the mags. It may be the 33'er is just too tall. I presume you have a 19 or 17, will they work in them?

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Factory Glock mags. I tried more then one. Taken it to a gunsmith to make sure it’s not something I’m doing wrong before I send it back. Doesn’t effect my excitement for the gun. Stuff happens.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Compare the two magwell inserts that come with the gun, are they the same? Mine came with two Ruger magwells, they had to send me a Glock magwell.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i had the opportunity to run a few rounds through one a few months ago after a steel match.

i was impressed, it's next on the "list".

:cheers:

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Got to run some rounds through my carbine for the first time today. I liked it a lot. Pretty accurate out of the box and easy to shoot. Love the 33 rounders as well. Nice little shtf package. Side note, I initially had an issue with the Glock mag well and the bolt hitting top of the mag. Not sure what I was doing wrong but finally got it figured out.

Top Bottom