Looking at used factory BCM, can you share any experiences with yours?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    LGS has a used factory-made BCM AR15 for sale. It's 2016 model; 16" barrel, KMR 13", BCM bolt/carrier, BCM Comp Mod-0, and all the normal BCM furniture. It also has the Magpul BAD lever. Doesn't have any sights or optics but it is a very nice rifle; clean, lightweight and smooth action and trigger. I can tell it hasn't been shot very much. I've done some research on original MSR being ~1400. It is priced great (below $1000) and I'm sure it won't be on the shelf for long. LGS says the previous owner gets 'bored' with his guns every several years and trade a bunch of them for different ones.

I've read a lot of reviews and watched many YouTube reviews. I never thought of spending that much for a new one but would definitely spend money a clean used one at a decent price. This isn't my first AR but it sure would be nice to have one like this. I'd like to put 1-4 Variable optic on it. Main use would be a coyote hunter and primary goto rifle(whatever that means these days).

Does anyone own one like this or have any experience with a newer model BCM like this?. Thanks in advance for all of your comments.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Nothing else I can say that hasnt been said, but I'll dog pile on the BUY IT camp. I love every BCM I have owned and do own. I've stamped 3 BCM lowers so far too. I think that says a lot because you dont want to be stuck with something the rest of your life that isnt top notch. These are amazing firearms. Enjoy!!!

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Hmmm, was planning on a trip up north today. LOL. OP, I think you have your answer. I wouldn't hesitate too long.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    One of my BCM uppers is an ELW 16" with 13" Magnesium KMR and BCM Comp. It is 100% reliable, and really likes TAP T2. I use a Leupold VX-R Patrol on it, and I can't think of a better all purpose AR. Mine sounds close to what you are looking at.

I also have experience with other BCM uppers (14.5 ELW BFH pinned comp with MCMR, and 11.5" Standard barrel with KMR)

All of these uppers have exceeded my expectations in reliability and accuracy. Go ahead and get the BCM!

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Price is too high for a used AR without sights. 2016 BCM probably is a dickmod rail, not MLOK. That's probably the reason the dude traded it in.

KeyMod works perfectly fine. I guess if you need to have the newest internet commando gear you better buy a new MLok version.

FWIW plenty of serviceable quad rails still out there that work just fine....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom