I think I got bit by the US RIFLE bug...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's been a good week for my collection, I just brought home my first M1903 and made a deal for this sweet 2.4M S/N Winchester Garand...M1a for scale.

UujzS1L
    UujzS1L.jpg

It just occurred to me that I don't have a .30 Carbine...yet.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Paul, in all honesty, you still need an '03 Mark I, an '03a3, '03a4, M1 gastrap Springfield, M1 pre war, war time and post war Springfield, IHC M1 and HR M1 PLUS and the flavors of the M1 carbine.

Work buddy, you've got a man's work ahead of you this day...

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Very pretty wood on the 1903. It's probably an aftermarket 03A3 style stock.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Paul, in all honesty, you still need an '03 Mark I, an '03a3, '03a4, M1 gastrap Springfield, M1 pre war, war time and post war Springfield, IHC M1 and HR M1 PLUS and the flavors of the M1 carbine.

Work buddy, you've got a man's work ahead of you this day...

You're not kidding...I got some work to do!!!

Very pretty wood on the 1903. It's probably an aftermarket 03A3 style stock.

It is absolutely a replacement stock...it is WAY too nice to be GI...plus, no armory marks in the wood. My guess is one of the CMP replacement sets or something from Boyd's. It looks like a museum piece up close. The barrel is a High Standard dated 11-44, no wear at all that I can see. Receiver is dated to 1937...not sure if this one saw any real service or not...it's too "nice" to tell!

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    It's been a good week for my collection, I just brought home my first M1903 and made a deal for this sweet 2.4M S/N Winchester Garand...M1a for scale.

UujzS1L
    UujzS1L.jpg

It just occurred to me that I don't have a .30 Carbine...yet.

Very nice collection.....if I may....the leather slings are on backwards,and upside down.... (hrfunk has a good YouTube video on how to assemble /use the leather sling)

Your 03 "barrel is high standard " high standard made 4 grove barrels for the 03a3 Smith corona rifles.....

Once you start collecting the u.s. rifle xxx it's an addiction......

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    This is an '03 Mark I with the sling properly installed. This one has a Hatcher hole on the other side and was used by the USMC in WW II. It has an 11/42 Springfield barrel.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Very nice collection.....if I may....the leather slings are on backwards,and upside down.... (hrfunk has a good YouTube video on how to assemble /use the leather sling)

Your 03 "barrel is high standard " high standard made 4 grove barrels for the 03a3 Smith corona rifles.....

Once you start collecting the u.s. rifle xxx it's an addiction......

Welp...that's a bit embarrassing!

So, I spent some time on youtube and figured out how to correctly install the leather slings. Now I see what you meant by upside down. I don't intend to shoot these guns much, so the slings are purely decorative...but I appreciate the heads-up on the correct way to install them...I wouldn't have likely cought that detail on my own. Thanks.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    M1D's are easy, you can put a M1D barrel on any M1 receiver. M1C's though, that is a different story. The receiver was tapped for those.

But the scope is the real hangup. You could buy another real nice M1 for what the reproductions cost, 3 or more new guns for a real scope...

Top Bottom