• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    My WW2 infantry rifle collection is near complete with only a couple additions needed. I am still seeking a true Finnish M27 91/30, and some sort of bolt action with Chinese markings indicating use of the Chinese against Japan in WW2. Here is the collection is so far.

20181125142811.jpg

From left to right:

1) French MAS-36: Matching numbered, excellent "dropped on the streets of Paris only once" condition. A hard to improve on example.

2) Model 1891 Mosin Nagant: This is a cool rifle. Originally made here in the USA, the receiver has the date 1915 and is stamped "New England Westinghouse." It has Russian proof marks on the receiver, as well as Finnish marks and the SA Finnish stamp. Once captured by the Finns they put it in a Finnish stock. You can trace this rifles movements from the USA to Russia and finally to the Finns all based on the receiver stamps. All matching except for the Finnish stock.

3) Springfield 1944 M1 Garand: It is a former CMP rifle and a shooter. It is Springfield USGI all throughout. My favorite rifle of all time.

4) No1 Mk3 1917 Lee Enfield: This is a nice restored rifle. It is British, but only a few parts match. At some point it was put in a nice unissued stock. It is a nice shooter, and it stands in for England and all of its colonies for my WW2 collection.

5) German K98 1944: Vet bring back rifle with no duffel cut on the stock. All correct, all matching, all Nazi stamps intact. It even has the rough condition original sling. Hard to improve on example.

6) Japanese Arisaka type 99 (early war): Another Vet bring back. The stock on this one has the duffel cut on the stock under the front barrel band, so this one was smuggled back in some GI's duffel bag. Imperial mum is intact. Original monopod, aircraft sights, and is all matching. Outside of the duffel cut on the stock it is a hard to improve on example.

7) Italian model 1891 Carcano: This rifle is 1917 dated, all matching and correct. Excellent condition with only the handling marks you would expect to see in a WW1 dated rifle. Hard to improve on example.

I am almost finished, but if someone has a Finnish M27 or Chinese bolt action for sale please let me know. Condition is not important on the Chinese bolt action as long as it has clear Chinese markings that would indicate its use in WW2 against Japan. Thank you INGO.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Very Nice, Nothing from Yugoslavia or Greece??

By the way I love how you took care of Russian & Finland with one rifle...

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    My wife may have a heart attack if I bring up Yugo and Greece. Lol! My K98 kinda handles the Czechs as it is a DOT mauser made under Nazi occupation.

Shhhh.... (said in a whispering tone )......then I am glad I did not mention Belgium....

Per the k98 another nice 2 fer.. Love occupied produced rifles..

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Nice collection. Very nice.

You might consider a 1903 Springfield, a No4 Mk1 Enfield and maybe a French Lebel. Perhaps later after taking your wife on a very nice vacation. Lol

Edit: Oh, and a Steyr M95 and maybe a Dutch 6.5 rifle.

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    All of the guns from India would be a cheap addition. Some of them were squirrely but there are nice examples also. Decently priced but sure to go up with age...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thank you all! I definitely have a 1903a3 and M1 Carbine on my short list. A Steyr rifle, Lebel and Enfield no4 mk1 are on my extended list.

And the Krag? The Enfield 17? The Ross? G43? Mauser 35? Steyr 95? Type 88? NH-29? Johnson? Mauser 96?

I could go on. I hate to break it to you (but maybe it is a good thing!), you need more guns.:D Many more.:D

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Some of those rifles are a bit too expensive for a blue collar guy like me...Just really feel good with one representing the major players. Maybe someday I will win the lottery and accumulate a Millertime type collection.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Very nice! You are smart to try to come up with limits, WWII collecting is an endless rabbit-hole. BTW, I'm pretty sure I recognize that Carcano!

Top Bottom