German olympic left-handed air rifle - what is this??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Hello long gunners -

This is one that's completely off my radar. My neighbor called me over to show me an authentic left-handed German air rifle that was used in either the 1984 or 1988 olympics. It doesn't have a sling so I don't think this is a biathlon gun. Pics on the barrel indicate Feinwerkbau as the manufacturer. There isn't any paperwork authenticating the athlete's name who used it, and I sure can't see that it's seen much use at all... the stock looks pristine, and there's not a spec of patina on the barrel or elsewhere. It was brought into the US by his father's neighbor, where it apparently sat in customs for a year before it was released. When the German owner returned home, he gifted the rifle to my neighbor's father, which is how my neighbor came to possess it.

Can anyone speak to this at all? He's not looking to let it go, but is curious about value, and I'm totally out of my element with something like this:

YLecQNM.jpg
    [/IMG]
    aA597lt.jpg
    [/IMG]
    OLvo7jY.jpg
    [/IMG]
    juchDMe.jpg
    [/IMG]
    PKIhgCv.jpg
    [/IMG]

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I shot a few feinwerkbau small bore rifles......those rifles (air or smallbore) are awesome rifles..........Anschutz and Walther are in the same league.......if your a very serious Olympic/ 3P competitor these rifles will carry you to the winners circle.......my mouth dropped open as I saw this......as to your no sling comment, there is a rail under the forearm that a sling swivel or a handstop (and sometimes there combined) snap into, this done so Al you can the sling swivel to your liking, also you snap your sling into your shooting coat, so once it is rigged, you simply detach it from the rifle,so you don't have to adjust your sling......

Thanks for sharing.....mighty nice rifle........but if you go to buy one of these be aware of sticker shock.....the rear sight alone like the one on this rifle will run $350.......

I think I will get my Anschutz air rifle out and shoot a bit.......

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Thank you guys for the great comments, I'm going to pass this along to my neighbor, many thanks.

Sadly, I'm not left-handed... but after reading some of your replies, it's tempting to figure it out!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Well this thread got me thinking about my air rifles, nothing at the level posted. A Gamo and RWS Model 45 . Going do do some plinking at the clubhouse, winds up to 30mph, so indoor shooting.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom