• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Just picked up a copy of "Firearm News". I seen where J&G Sales out of Prescott, Arizona has Yugo M48 rifles for $399.95 plus shipping. These were plentiful awhile back, but the supply of them is starting to dry up. If you don't have one better pick one up before they are gone.

Cbrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    brownsburg
    Does anyone think $400 is too much? Maybe they will like many other rifles.

I don't know much about these rifles, but I did just spend $400+ on a Mosin which feels like way too much after some lite research.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    I have seen them cheaper than $400, can’t recall where recently. But I did find a barreled action in the last month for $100. Imo jg sales adds about $50-100 if you take the time to look

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was thinking that sounds high, but a search of completed auctions on Gunbroker shows that that price isn't really too out of line. Saw some go for less, and some go for more (some for much more).

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    I remember when the K-98 Russian capture rifles hit the market a few years back. The average price was around $125. I remember people saying that was too much to pay for them back then. I wish now I had bought a case of them. The last bunch I saw sell at Classic Arms were bringing $1000-$1500. Like the old saying-"hindsight is always 20/20.''

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    Hey dangerous Dave, I plan on trying to put it all together eventually, it’s become another project gun sitting with the rest of them for the time being. Also, the website was victory arms and munitions, the have 2 one for $299 and one for $320

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I like mine. They're definitely drying up and getting ready to explode in price. Remember when Finnish Mosins were $250? As soon as Sweaty Ben finally ran out, they started showing up on Armslist and Gunbroker for $500+.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Back in the 80s I bought a Finnish M39 for $40. Recently I traded it for a 1917 Enfield. Just goes to show you guns are better than money in the bank. I also remember buying a Moisin Nagant 91/30 for $75. Ah, the good ole days.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I saw one recently on "Armslist" for the same price. Maybe it was the same gun shop.

Crap.. do not post things like this with out a link.. I had to go out and look it up on my own... thats right on my own

And I would love to know where the repair is??? I do not doubt it is there, just did not see it in the photos....

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Crap.. do not post things like this with out a link.. I had to go out and look it up on my own... thats right on my own

And I would love to know where the repair is??? I do not doubt it is there, just did not see it in the photos....
    Must not be the same rifle. The one I saw in a shop the repair was dead center of the buttstock and off color. Very ugly and obvious. Not a nice arsenal repair. Looked like pale colored wood putty.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Must not be the same rifle. The one I saw in a shop the repair was dead center of the buttstock and off color. Very ugly and obvious. Not a nice arsenal repair. Looked like pale colored wood putty.

Now to be fair here.. I do not think many German rifles this late in the war had to many arsenal repairs.. Unless they went into some others nations service.. IE the IZZYs or Russians etc

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    No problem, Glad you liked the link. Like you, I was not aware of these rifles. Doesn't look like a bad deal for the money. Thank you Sir, for the YouTube link, I enjoyed watching it.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    No problem, Glad you liked the link. Like you, I was not aware of these rifles. Doesn't look like a bad deal for the money. Thank you Sir, for the YouTube link, I enjoyed watching it.

looks like complete ones sell in the 400 dollar range.. But I would be leary with those broken ones.. I do not see alot of parts out there for them.. Numrich has a few..
    But all that being said, I like the look of the of the one with the hooded sight..

FP0800c.jpg

Top Bottom