• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    ARs, and AKs get their own "show and tell" thread, as do precision rifles...

I think lever guns deserve their own show, and tell thread...

I'll start with my newest, a Marin 1895 GBL. Took me forever to find one at a good price, finally did, right here in the INGO classifieds... At least I'm finally in the 45-70 club.

7Noz874.jpg

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My other Marlin is your basic 336W in 30-30. I've added the XS rail and sights. The red dot is a Sig Romeo 5. (now on another gun) This will get a scout scope... one day. Sling is 550 cord.

3XxjIsy.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My cowboy assault rifle rounds out my meager lever gun trio... Rossi 92 in .44 mag. Octagon barrel cut to 17", Steve's Gunz rear peep sight, and big loop, white bead front sight, leather ammo cuff, and a Sig Romeo 5 on a leftover piece of rail from an old AR rail system. She's fast handling, and accurate with the LeveRevolution rounds.

9LFyq0U.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Marlin 39A TDS....From one of my first posts on INGO....My buddy made the pigskin case for it...I've got a Winchester Model 94, and Marlin in 1894's in 44 magnum and .357 magnum as well...I love them....

SWEET, indiucky. My only nit ..... it would sure look better with an old-time pocket watch, instead of the modern wris****ch ! :D

Edit: Odd ! why woulnd't the forum software allow me to write wrist watch as one word ???

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    SWEET, indiucky. My only nit ..... it would sure look better with an old-time pocket watch, instead of the modern wris****ch ! :D

Edit: Odd ! why woulnd't the forum software allow me to write wrist watch as one word ???

I was in my 40's when I posted that on INGO....Now that I'm in my 50's if I took the pic again it would have a pocket watch..Bunn Special 21 jewel Railroad watch....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That's a pretty cool case there indiucky. I'd love to have a take down.

Hoping to have my 1985 converted, but God the prices on that kind of work...

Those little TDS have gone up a bit...Marlin only made them for a couple of years in the 80's...the original CORDURA case goes for $100 plus on Ebay and Gunbroker....My buddy had the pig skin and he made that case for less than the original case would cost me..I love it....Been offered stupid money for that rifle...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Those little TDS have gone up a bit...Marlin only made them for a couple of years in the 80's...the original CORDURA case goes for $100 plus on Ebay and Gunbroker....My buddy had the pig skin and he made that case for less than the original case would cost me..I love it....Been offered stupid money for that rifle...

Very cool. I've had a couple chances to pick one of those up but I didn't have the extra scratch at the time. For a neat cordura case, check out Skinner Sights. They make a neat little takedown case that fits my 16" Rossi pump like a glove. Very non descript as well.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Max-daddy, I too approve of this thread!!

Lever guns CAN be had in military calibers, they're not just for cowboys anymore... I present a pair of Henry Long Rangers, one in 223/556, and the other in 308:

fEkO8Av.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

I still don't like the looks of a scope on a lever gun, it seems wrong. But hitting something I'm aiming at from far away feels so right.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Sorry I don't have a photo but I've got a Ruger 96/22M which is converted to .17 HMR. It's just a straight up barrel swap unlike converting a 10/22M. Ruger made the 96 in .22lr, .22WMR, and .17 HMR but they are all out of production. Ruger lever action rimfires are getting rare. Then there's this one which I think you'll agree is very rare. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/793554639

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Henry Big Boy Steel in 357:

sRudJ5W.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

And perhaps my favorite for last, a Henry Golden Boy in 22LR with a crazy smooth action that's ALWAYS fun to shoot! Traded a scoped 10/22 stainless in a mannlicher stock to a member on here for this one.

2xoKtuH.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom