• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    1. I own an MPX Gen2 carbine and love it.
    2. I have a SilencerCo Hybrid in jail
    3. I want to run the MPX suppressed.
    4. The current muzzle break is pinned/welded for an overall length of 16"
    5. SilencerCo makes a QD muzzle device in 9mm but I dont think it is long enough to maintain 16" overall length.
    6. Is it possible to make a spacer or custom QD mount to maintain the 16" .. or...
    7. Should I SBR it?
    7a. If I SBR it, what barrel length?
    7b. Get a new handguard too or keep it factory length and get a barrel that will be long enough for suppressor to stick out past handguard?

Decisions are hard.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've got one with a four inch barrel. I cut my handguard down so I can run without the suppressor. KJQ kept his handguard pistol length. Each has it's advantage.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Oh, you definitely have to SBR it, no question there.

The only real question is, how short do you want to go?

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’m stuck on the length part as well. I’m thinking 10”, my thinking is it keeps the with can longest reasonable but is also safely useable without a can.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I’m stuck on the length part as well. I’m thinking 10”, my thinking is it keeps the with can longest reasonable but is also safely useable without a can.
    This is just my opinion, but 10" is way to much. Mine, which you shot, is 4" with about a 7" handguard. Guessing the can is about 8", so 13" suppressed. Putting a can on a 10" barrel makes for a full sized rifle.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Mine is a four inch barrel with a five inch handguard. I don't think there's a safety issue when used with a flaming pig style brake.

20160602_165922.jpg

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is just my opinion, but 10" is way to much. Mine, which you shot, is 4" with about a 7" handguard. Guessing the can is about 8", so 13" suppressed. Putting a can on a 10" barrel makes for a full sized rifle.

Mine is a four inch barrel with a five inch handguard. I don't think there's a safety issue when used with a flaming pig style brake.

20160602_165922.jpg

If I intended to have the handguard cut back I would go shorter, though I also wouldn’t have bought the carbine. A 4” barrel plus full length handguard sounds like a sure fire way to end up with burned fingers.

I passed on several 4” & 8” models to find the carbine. Having shot all 3, the 14” carbine is my favorite but I want a suppressor on it so the SBR has to be done anyways.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have a friend in the same boat.....having a carbine and wanting to run a can on it based on a 3 lug.

I wonder if Tros would make a special long 3 lug for the MPX?

Would be easier to SBR though, I have a gen 1 that I had the barrel cut to 5.5"

As for the Handguard, I'd just get a new one, the Midwest Industries M-lok are pretty slick, I got a 6" for mine

Collapsible/folding stock FTW IMO

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If someone would make an adapter that can be pinned in place of the factory muzzle device and keep it at 16”, I’d look at that route. Kinda like they have new completion mode with a 16” threaded barrel, but just buying the barrel from sig will be painfully expansive.

Regarding the handguard, I like the length. I’m fairly certain that I’ve got the finger stop thing in the 10-12” range on the barrel. I should measure where that is exactly.

I won’t file the SBR paperwork until I’ve picked out a can. Currently leaning toward the Ti-rant 9M, but the Wolf 9SD and the Amtac Hornet are options if I decide I’m willing to spend that much. Need to decide on a can first.

On the other hand, I may do nothing. I’m struggling to justify the cost of a can that I have a single firearm for. I have no threaded pistols or anything else I’d put a can on other than 22s (I have a 22 can in process). KJs was fun, but I’m not sure it was the can that made it fun.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I have a 10" barrel on my PCC SBR and will be getting a shorter barrel at some point most likely a 7.5".

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I wanted to shorten my barrel so that my silencerco octane would ride under the hand guard. But I also like using my MPX for PCC in uspsa so I kept it with the factory length. I use a tri lug Mount for the suppressor

Here is what it is today except take off the rmr, collapsible stock and cqbl.... and replace it with the folding Kate Moss stock and add a T1, and surefire.

iHrMjX7.jpg

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Is there any reason to buy these over a Scorpion? They seem awful expensive even before you throw tax stamps at them.

I don’t care for the plastic or the bulk of the Scorpion. It comes down to preference.

The MPX is also a short strike gas system instead of a blowback system.

Top Bottom