Larue stealth upper weight, performance, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Hey all,

I am considering a 12” barreled stealth upper but was wondering if there was a noticeable difference in weight and durability between that and a comparable BCM upper.

I may also go the route of only buying a barrel since I already have a Midwest industrial lightweight 10.5” rail.

This would be my go to SBR.

Thanks for the input.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Both brands are very good. I doubt you'll notice any quality differences. BCM has a couple profiles to pick from in those lengths & I'll bet you can find something lighter then the Larue.

You might see some differences if trying to use a suppressor (due to gas port size). I have a BCM fluted 11.5". I had to step up a couple of buffer weights to get the bolt to slow down and lock back on the last round.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Both brands are very good. I doubt you'll notice any quality differences. BCM has a couple profiles to pick from in those lengths & I'll bet you can find something lighter then the Larue.

You might see some differences if trying to use a suppressor (due to gas port size). I have a BCM fluted 11.5". I had to step up a couple of buffer weights to get the bolt to slow down and lock back on the last round.

The quality of the two brands seems exceptional. I already own a BCM rifle so I know what I would be getting.

Right now Larue is offering their ultimate upper kit for about $800, which is pretty close to the same cost as a BCM upper with BCG and charging handle; except with Larue it also includes everything you need to complete a lower as well. One top of that, Larue will assemble the upper for free (typically $100-$150) through tomorrow. That seems like a really great value for the price.

Also, I do plan on using a suppressor down the road.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've got to wonder if the bcm gas port is too large. If you go that route and suppress, I want to hear the results.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom