• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    Just wanted to give those looking for Swiss straight pulls or Mosins a heads up that there's a couple rifles for sale at the Noblesville Cabelas. Used racks outside the gun library.
    There's probably 10-15 Mosins. There was one nice Tula hex receiver in there but they wanted $400 I believe that's is a tad salty. Most were in the $300-$400 range.
    There were fewer of the Swiss 7.5's and none of them looked to be well used - again on the higher price side...$600+?

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    I made the mistake of driving two and a half hours to get there. I saw a used ruger lcp for $399 marked down from $450. Who makes those prices up

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I put my hands on all of those rifles, they were all priced $100 too high IMO. everything in their library is marked up, let alone the store, I had a hard time finding anything worthy of bringing home and I even had $75 worth of gift cards. Just about everything in that store can be had cheaper online. I decided to wait for a decent sale or rebate to use my $75 worth of gift cards.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    The last Mosin I bought was a 1930 Hex receiver for $179 and that price was about $50 too high IMHO.

I've purchased several (gave 4 away one Christmas to my son's and 2 friends), I didn't pay over $100 for any of them. I chose the ones I wanted from large supplies at gun shows. All were / are in good shape and came with all accessories!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The last Mosin I bought was a 1930 Hex receiver for $179 and that price was about $50 too high IMHO.

But it's really not.

Sure, they were far less back in the day, but you're getting a solid, classic rifle with a rich history behind it. If you compare the price to the price of comparable rifles on the market, e.g. 1093 Springfield, K98, you'll realize that $179 is a bargain.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Careful MC....You're heading into old man "back in my day" territory......:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:fogey: This was within the last 3-4 years. Not like it was 20 years ago.

But it's really not.

Sure, they were far less back in the day, but you're getting a solid, classic rifle with a rich history behind it. If you compare the price to the price of comparable rifles on the market, e.g. 1093 Springfield, K98, you'll realize that $179 is a bargain.

Yeah, yeah, but not really worth it once you start getting north of $250 unless the history factor is your #1 concern. Above that price point it no longer becomes a bargin prepper/big game gun. There are better shooting modern rifles that do everything a Mosin does only better and cheaper.

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    AIM surplus is selling round receiver 91/30s for $299. It's the new price, like it or not. 10 years ago, I was ordering 91/30s from AIM surplus for $69, $79 for hex receivers. It was fun ordering 3 at a time and seeing what showed up and then cleaning all the cosmoline off.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The Swiss rifles are getting to be priced in the ridiculous territory. And the Mosins are also getting there particularly in stores like Cabelas.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cabelas, Bass Pro - Junior
    Cabelas has went downhill since they were merged into Bass Pro. The gun libraries in the Cabela's stores that I have visited are consistently priced at or above value of the firearm.

ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    Cabelas, Bass Pro - Junior
    Cabelas has went downhill since they were merged into Bass Pro. The gun libraries in the Cabela's stores that I have visited are consistently priced at or above value of the firearm.

100% agree. I usually go into the Cabelas gun library to humor myself with the sky high prices...
    Regarding the merger, what I fear most is the Cabelas clothing lines fading into non-existence and taken over by Redhead gear...Cabelas once had fantastic deals on a range of products in the bargin sections online. I haven't seen much of that the last half year.

ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    $300-$400 for a Mosin, time to open me a gun store ! :lmfao:

And I thought I had a lot of Mosin's at 10+. I bought most of mine when they were still sub-$150. Actually bought a whole crate at one time from a Ohio distributor...was the best freight shipment I ever received.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    And I thought I had a lot of Mosin's at 10+. I bought most of mine when they were still sub-$150. Actually bought a whole crate at one time from a Ohio distributor...was the best freight shipment I ever received.

LOL, yep back when you could buy them 3 for 39.95 from CAI we where all in fat city. I have thinned mine out about 1/2 of mine the past 2-3 years to about 100 with about 20 of them being various Mosin snipers as sniper rifles has been my new focus. I figure I will then another 10 to 15 duplicates out but will I never stop looking for the rare, uncommon, or Odd Mosin's to add to my collection.

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    A local pawn shop has one for $800. I'm not kidding. When I asked why it's so expensive, they agreed to drop the price to $700. When I pointed out that they're under $300 online, I got a snooty remark that they sell them at $800 all the time and one must deal with shipping and transfer fees if bought online. When I insisted that it's overpriced, they tried telling me some story about how it was a brand new rifle. Hahaha. I then pointed out that it was made in 1943, so I got told that it's really old and historical and stuff... oh and rare. I guess a production of 37 million is a pretty limited production. That explains the thick layer of dust on it. I walked away. Almost as ridiculous as people wanting $400 for them at gun shows.

Top Bottom