Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Mosin & Swiss rifles in stock at Noblesville Cabelas

Just wanted to give those looking for Swiss straight pulls or Mosins a heads up that there's a couple rifles for sale at the Noblesville Cabelas. Used racks outside the gun library.
    There's probably 10-15 Mosins. There was one nice Tula hex receiver in there but they wanted $400 I believe that's is a tad salty. Most were in the $300-$400 range.
    There were fewer of the Swiss 7.5's and none of them looked to be well used - again on the higher price side...$600+?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Worst Cabelas gun library ever

Plinker

User Info Menu

I made the mistake of driving two and a half hours to get there. I saw a used ruger lcp for $399 marked down from $450. Who makes those prices up

Plinker

User Info Menu

I put my hands on all of those rifles, they were all priced $100 too high IMO. everything in their library is marked up, let alone the store, I had a hard time finding anything worthy of bringing home and I even had $75 worth of gift cards. Just about everything in that store can be had cheaper online. I decided to wait for a decent sale or rebate to use my $75 worth of gift cards.

User Info Menu

The last Mosin I bought was a 1930 Hex receiver for $179 and that price was about $50 too high IMHO.
    The sheriff couldn't catch me, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    The last Mosin I bought was a 1930 Hex receiver for $179 and that price was about $50 too high IMHO.
    I've purchased several (gave 4 away one Christmas to my son's and 2 friends), I didn't pay over $100 for any of them. I chose the ones I wanted from large supplies at gun shows. All were / are in good shape and came with all accessories!
    Life member NRA - FFL -03 (Collector) life LTCH

User Info Menu

Careful MC....You're heading into old man "back in my day" territory......
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

User Info Menu

But it's really not.

Sure, they were far less back in the day, but you're getting a solid, classic rifle with a rich history behind it. If you compare the price to the price of comparable rifles on the market, e.g. 1093 Springfield, K98, you'll realize that $179 is a bargain.
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    I have received and I have given. Usually at different times. But sometime at the same time.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I believe there’s still the demand for them, but I still see them for about $200 to 250 even at other gun stores

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    Careful MC....You're heading into old man "back in my day" territory......
    This was within the last 3-4 years. Not like it was 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    But it's really not.

Sure, they were far less back in the day, but you're getting a solid, classic rifle with a rich history behind it. If you compare the price to the price of comparable rifles on the market, e.g. 1093 Springfield, K98, you'll realize that $179 is a bargain.
    Yeah, yeah, but not really worth it once you start getting north of $250 unless the history factor is your #1 concern. Above that price point it no longer becomes a bargin prepper/big game gun. There are better shooting modern rifles that do everything a Mosin does only better and cheaper.
    The sheriff couldn't catch me, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast