Indianapolis, IN

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I haven't watched it yet but AK Operators Union did a review.

ETA I think the ak platform is very well suited to lefty operation.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I did a search her on INGO and MOEkov did not come up. Does anyone have one of these and if so how do you like it? The forged bolt, carrier and trunnion along with the nitride 4150 barrel, side scope mount and Magpul furniture for $600 is tempting....

How about for a left-handed shooter? Does the AK platform with its reciprocating charging handle present any problems?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psak-47-gf3-forged-moekov-rifle-gray-no-cleaning-rod-5165450209.html
    IMO the only possible issue with an AK for a left-handed shooter would be the angle that it ejects empty cases. Gripping the rifle at the top of the mag, it's easy for a lefty to operate the safety with their thumb, and the charging handle is also conveniently located there too.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Slinging it is a problem too as the charging handle dig into you.

IMO the only possible issue with an AK for a left-handed shooter would be the angle that it ejects empty cases. Gripping the rifle at the top of the mag, it's easy for a lefty to operate the safety with their thumb, and the charging handle is also conveniently located there too.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

I can't speak to this particular rifle, but as a left-handed shooter and owner of numerous AK platform guns in the last 23 years, I've never had an issue with the rounds ejecting in my face or hitting my right arm. So unless this gun is particularly weird, I think the OP would be fine from that perspective.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Pretty nice. Put 100 rounds through it today during lunch. Recoil seemed harsher than I remember, but ARs probably just made me soft. Trigger was nice, probably wont upgrade that.

Planning on switching from the slant break to a Griffin piece so I can throw my 30SD on it if I want. In time will get the longer handguard and a red dot mount but my initial thoughts are positive. Once I get 500 rounds through it I'll post more pictures to show wear.

4_zpsnd5q8d2p.jpg

2_zpsjvywqs1i.jpg

1_zpstaa09eko.jpg

3_zpscgoop1mg.jpg

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Shot it more today after getting the Griffin brake installed with their thread adapter and it felt much better. I threw the 30SD on and made sure everything cleared, which it did, so I also shot it suppressed. I was smiling ear to ear at the range.

IMG_20190119_1202549_zpsum4oojx5.jpg

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Waiting for some more long term durability testing, but I am seriously getting excited about the new forged rifles. Plus, they announced 5.45 guns at SHOT this year!

My only disappointment is that the Gen 3 appears to have been slapped with a $100 price hike over the Gen 2. They were going for $450 shipped.

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    Waiting for some more long term durability testing, but I am seriously getting excited about the new forged rifles. Plus, they announced 5.45 guns at SHOT this year!

My only disappointment is that the Gen 3 appears to have been slapped with a $100 price hike over the Gen 2. They were going for $450 shipped.

My sentiment exactly. I'll probably pull the trigger on one if the testing results are good.

brucecrain

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Indianapolis
    PSA AKs are some of the better US made AKs for the money (my two cent). Owning GEN 1, Gen 2, and now a Gen 3. They only get better. I'm only 600 rounds in so far without a hiccup. There are better AKs out there for sure.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'm waiting for that AK Operators Union 5,000 round review to drop before I dump my money into one. I took an oath to myself that I would never buy an American made AK again! I may eat my own words with this one...

If it survives that review these will be one of the hottest selling rifles in 2019, especially at the price point. I've been super happy with my PSA AR, so I have high hopes for these to be successful.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I hit the 500 round mark myself, will have pictures up tonight. About half of those are suppressed so I'm interested to see if the extra gas has accelerated wear. I don't have the canted front sight that AKOU has which is nice. Still happy with it overall. Have another piston/bolt carrier on it's way that will get the KNS adjustable gas piston for me to test out so that I can keep the factory one stock. Was going to replace the FCG as well but am going to keep everything stock for warranty purposes.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    ^ Glad to hear you're having success with it so far.

Now bring on those pictures, I'd love to see one of these things suppressed.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Sorry, I forgot to update. I didn't post the wear pictures because there wasn't much to post, I don't seen anything worth noting. I'm planning on shooting again this weekend and will try to get some.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    These GF3 rifles are out of stock most of the time at PSA and when AKOU finishes their 5,000 round test if it goes well they are really going to be Unobtanium.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    AKOU is up to 2,000 rounds with their PSA GF3 AK and still going strong. They put a watch on a couple of minor wear areas but no malfunctions and shoots 2 MOA.

Warning: NSFW due to Rob Ski’s colorful language:

[video=youtube_share;R16h-owdkco]http://youtu.be/R16h-owdkco[/video]

Top Bottom