Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Palmetto State Armory “MOEkov” Forged Rifle

I did a search her on INGO and MOEkov did not come up. Does anyone have one of these and if so how do you like it? The forged bolt, carrier and trunnion along with the nitride 4150 barrel, side scope mount and Magpul furniture for $600 is tempting....

How about for a left-handed shooter? Does the AK platform with its reciprocating charging handle present any problems?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psak...165450209.html
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land; Snob, Forum Settings

User Info Menu

I haven't watched it yet but AK Operators Union did a review.

ETA I think the ak platform is very well suited to lefty operation.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

Plinker

User Info Menu

The newest generation of forged PSA AK rifles was released only about a month ago. Initial reviews are positive.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have a gen 3 on its way and will take pictures when I get it in.
    I always seem to find things in the last place I look

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cbhausen View Post
    I did a search her on INGO and MOEkov did not come up. Does anyone have one of these and if so how do you like it? The forged bolt, carrier and trunnion along with the nitride 4150 barrel, side scope mount and Magpul furniture for $600 is tempting....

How about for a left-handed shooter? Does the AK platform with its reciprocating charging handle present any problems?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psak...165450209.html
    IMO the only possible issue with an AK for a left-handed shooter would be the angle that it ejects empty cases. Gripping the rifle at the top of the mag, it's easy for a lefty to operate the safety with their thumb, and the charging handle is also conveniently located there too.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Slinging it is a problem too as the charging handle dig into you.

Quote Originally Posted by GIJEW View Post
    IMO the only possible issue with an AK for a left-handed shooter would be the angle that it ejects empty cases. Gripping the rifle at the top of the mag, it's easy for a lefty to operate the safety with their thumb, and the charging handle is also conveniently located there too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GIJEW View Post
    I can't speak to this particular rifle, but as a left-handed shooter and owner of numerous AK platform guns in the last 23 years, I've never had an issue with the rounds ejecting in my face or hitting my right arm. So unless this gun is particularly weird, I think the OP would be fine from that perspective.
    Minimum Government, Maximum Freedom.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Pretty nice. Put 100 rounds through it today during lunch. Recoil seemed harsher than I remember, but ARs probably just made me soft. Trigger was nice, probably wont upgrade that.

Planning on switching from the slant break to a Griffin piece so I can throw my 30SD on it if I want. In time will get the longer handguard and a red dot mount but my initial thoughts are positive. Once I get 500 rounds through it I'll post more pictures to show wear.