• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuckleduster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 25, 2017
    Monroeville
    I just picked up a Mossberg 453T .22 from my local pawn shop. Do any of you know much about them? Other than being neglected and dirty as can be, it seems like a really well built little rifle. The trigger has PLENTY of side play but not a bad feel other than that. I guess I'm just looking for some input and thoughts.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I looked around via Google, didn't find much. The last old 22 I bought, the guy told me not to clean the barrel because as the rifling wears out, the lead from the ammo keeps the barrel tight and if you clean it it'll never be as accurate. That could be pure old timer hogwash, who knows. Sounds like the mags in your rifle sometimes need some tinkering in order to run properly. When it comes to these old plinkers, I say buy em, run em, enjoy! When you get tired of them you can always sell them pretty easily and move on to the next! I really enjoy seeing how different manufacturers accomplish the same end goal with different engineering.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I looked around via Google, didn't find much. The last old 22 I bought, the guy told me not to clean the barrel because as the rifling wears out, the lead from the ammo keeps the barrel tight and if you clean it it'll never be as accurate. That could be pure old timer hogwash, who knows. Sounds like the mags in your rifle sometimes need some tinkering in order to run properly. When it comes to these old plinkers, I say buy em, run em, enjoy! When you get tired of them you can always sell them pretty easily and move on to the next! I really enjoy seeing how different manufacturers accomplish the same end goal with different engineering.

I'm glad that your BS radar is working.

:)

Top Bottom