• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Astro91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2018
    Bloomington
    Been wanting a IWI Tavor X95 for awhile. Found one that is listed as “ New Old Stock”. I tried searching, but couldn’t find anything on different generations of the IWI X95. Were there different generations or any changes to the X95 since being introduced that greatly betters the firearm?

Thank You

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Been wanting a IWI Tavor X95 for awhile. Found one that is listed as “ New Old Stock”. I tried searching, but couldn’t find anything on different generations of the IWI X95. Were there different generations or any changes to the X95 since being introduced that greatly betters the firearm?

Thank You

No, not to my knowledge (Don't follow IWI religiously but do have an X95 so I have half an ear out for news). There were a few incremental changes (like adding double ejector pins in the bolt) but no "Generation" changes. Even those were changes that might matter if you were stuck in the desert for ages with no maintenance downtime but not so much to civilian shooters. Just mean's there's a layer of dust on the box.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Also I think the "newer" X95s have a hole or two milled in the pic rail for access to the adjustable gas system used on the 300 Blackout model. I heard IWI sells the updated rail with the all the 300 BLK conversion kits so if you're considering a 300 BLK conversion in the future this shouldn't be an issue.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Also I think the "newer" X95s have a hole or two milled in the pic rail for access to the adjustable gas system used on the 300 Blackout model. I heard IWI sells the updated rail with the all the 300 BLK conversion kits so if you're considering a 300 BLK conversion in the future this shouldn't be an issue.

That's right, forgot about that one. Another incremental change.

Unfortunately all the changes are things you'd have to look for rather than generational.

Really, the X95 is the gen2 of the Tavor.

Top Bottom