Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

IWI Tavor X95 - New Old Stock Question

Been wanting a IWI Tavor X95 for awhile. Found one that is listed as “ New Old Stock”. I tried searching, but couldn’t find anything on different generations of the IWI X95. Were there different generations or any changes to the X95 since being introduced that greatly betters the firearm?

Thank You

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Astro91 View Post
    Been wanting a IWI Tavor X95 for awhile. Found one that is listed as “ New Old Stock”. I tried searching, but couldn’t find anything on different generations of the IWI X95. Were there different generations or any changes to the X95 since being introduced that greatly betters the firearm?

Thank You
    No, not to my knowledge (Don't follow IWI religiously but do have an X95 so I have half an ear out for news). There were a few incremental changes (like adding double ejector pins in the bolt) but no "Generation" changes. Even those were changes that might matter if you were stuck in the desert for ages with no maintenance downtime but not so much to civilian shooters. Just mean's there's a layer of dust on the box.

User Info Menu

Also I think the "newer" X95s have a hole or two milled in the pic rail for access to the adjustable gas system used on the 300 Blackout model. I heard IWI sells the updated rail with the all the 300 BLK conversion kits so if you're considering a 300 BLK conversion in the future this shouldn't be an issue.
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

User Info Menu

What kind of pricing are the X95 pulling at local shops. I'm in the market for one and I really dont want to order one.
    Thank You John Moses Browning

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cbhausen View Post
    Also I think the "newer" X95s have a hole or two milled in the pic rail for access to the adjustable gas system used on the 300 Blackout model. I heard IWI sells the updated rail with the all the 300 BLK conversion kits so if you're considering a 300 BLK conversion in the future this shouldn't be an issue.
    That's right, forgot about that one. Another incremental change.

Unfortunately all the changes are things you'd have to look for rather than generational.

Really, the X95 is the gen2 of the Tavor.