Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Ar

wcd
    Expert

User Info Menu

Ruger Ar

We took it to the Range today and it will not chamber a round at all. The gears for lack of a better word on the bolt are very rough. Is there something I can check or should I just send it back to Ruger? We purchased it brand new and it's never been fired.
    Last edited by wcd; 01-05-2019 at 20:57.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Does the round go in but sticks out of battery...???
    A pic...??
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

wcd
    Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Does the round go in but sticks out of battery...???
    A pic...??
    Round appears to go partially in. Charging handle will lock up as well as Saftey lever. Then you really have to bump the stock to get the round out. Rso took the bolt out and said it felt very rough.

At first I thought it was me not properly seating the magazine, but we tried 3 different pmags same result, locks up every time.

User Info Menu

Try lots of lube. Really soak it. Then see if it Chambers a round. I saw a Daniel Defense have the same issue

wcd
    Expert

User Info Menu

As in soak the bolt hoppes gun oil?

User Info Menu

I handled scores of ruger ar556's from behind the counter. They were decent except for the bcg. Machining was rough to put it nicely (since I like ruger as a whole). Some worse than others but all rough. Try a different bcg if you have another one. This has fixed a couple that were brought back.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    Round appears to go partially in. Charging handle will lock up as well as Saftey lever. Then you really have to bump the stock to get the round out. Rso took the bolt out and said it felt very rough.

At first I thought it was me not properly seating the magazine, but we tried 3 different pmags same result, locks up every time.
    Pull the bolt.....see if a round will drop in the chamber.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Don't know if you tried a different brand of 223 round to just make sure something isn't out of spec on the rounds you were using.

It does sound like there may be a chamber issue, particularly if round won't drop in as Churchmouse has suggested.

But go ahead and give Ruger a call. They have about the best customer service in this industry, and they will make it right.

Ron

Plinker

User Info Menu

I recently bought a Ruger MPR and had problems with it cycling rounds. The bolt seemed tight around the locking lugs. I put in a known good BCG from another AR and still
    had issues. I called Ruger and they wanted me to send it back. Ruger emailed a pre-paid shipping label and turned the gun around in 7 days. The paper they sent back with the rifle
    said they replaced the upper. They didn't specify if it was complete upper or just upper receiver. Customer service was good. Gun runs fine now. Good luck with your rifle.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    As in soak the bolt hoppes gun oil?
    10W-30

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast