Join INGunOwners For Free
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Sauer & Sohn K98 1943

I've had this Sauer & Sohn 1943 K98 for many years and know very little about German rifles.

It is a mixed numbers rifle. The German/Nazi proof marks remain, laminate stock, no import markings. The bayonet and scabbard are unmarked.

Overall it's a smooth rifle with a good bore.

Looking for any information a collector, person of knowledge can share.

Thank you.
    Last edited by JJM7288; 01-05-2019 at 22:35.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Really need to see some pictures before much can be said.

User Info Menu

Not sure if you're looking for the value, or just general information about the rifle, but if it's info, see if you can find a copy of "Mauser Military Rifles of the World" by Robert Ball. I've seen online versions (free) but the free ones aren't complete. It's an awesome book with lots of info and pics. It's really "the bible" of Mausers.

If you click on the picture of the book, it will take you to one of these partial online versions. Scroll to the table of contents and click on Germany. That should get you started.

https://www.amazon.com/Mauser-Milita.../dp/1440215448

User Info Menu

On the other side of fear lies freedom.

Marksman

User Info Menu

K98 Slideshow by JJM7288 | Photobucket

I hope this works!

Thank you.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Nice looking rifle. Most of the K-98's that you find anymore are mis-matched numbers. It's rare to find one with matching numbers anymore, and if you do they bring a premium. It looks like some of the parts are milled and some are stamped. It's good to see that it still has the eagles on it. I've seen some that had the eagles defaced or obliterated with a center punch.

User Info Menu

Nice rifle. I would say a total mixmaster is probably in the $700-800ish range as far as value goes. I have a all matching BYF 43 that hovers around $1200-1500. Value on ALL of them keeps going up.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.