Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Buds Guns prices vary more than the stock market

I have been a long time customer of Buds Guns and have bought a decent amount of guns online from them. Their prices vary from day to day. Example: Monday I checked on a 12 gauge over under Mossberg Silver Reserve II that I had bookmarked to check on. The price was shown as only $488 new (credit card price). I hopped on it since that is the lowest price I have ever seen. It was not listed on sale or anything like that. Today I checked back and it's now $613 (credit card price). This scenario has happened to me many times at Buds on different types of guns. So if there's a gun your interested in I suggest book marking it on Bud's Guns website and checking on it about every week. You'd be amazed how their guns prices change and not listed as being on sale.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I got lucky with Buds with my Mossberg Patriot Marine Cote .375 Ruger. I bought mine and two days later it was raised by $40. Its nice when you get on a deal on the cheaper end of it.

User Info Menu

Bud's comes with the Norton Price Guarantee. If you buy a gun and see it at a lower price within 30 days on their website, you can file a claim and get the difference back, up to $100. I bought a pistol from them in November last year, and they dropped the price by about $50 right before Christmas. I filed a claim and got the difference back. Nice perk!
    My guns won't be illegal....they'll be undocumented.

User Info Menu

If you think Bud's is bad you should track the price of an item on Amazon. I was looking at a $155 item one day (not on sale or special), it went down to $149 a few days later (still not on special), then up to $158 a few days after that, then up to $188 a week later. Was a "sold by and shipped from Amazon" item, so they control the price. Apparently they track your IP address and your search as I was not logged in. I guess it is a marketing scheme to get you to buy it before it goes up again. Needless to say I did not buy it from Amazon.
    The colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

User Info Menu

Yeah, they have random price drops. I snagged a PTR 91 GI a couple years ago for around $700, which was way cheaper than I've seen it elsewhere. Within a day, it was back to $900+
    Minimum Government, Maximum Freedom.

User Info Menu

I understand Bud's uses a pricing algorithm which increases or decreases the price based on web views, etc.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

Plinker

User Info Menu

I love buds gun shop, I price shop a lot on there.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I bought a computer monitor last summer for work, $575, list $699. After a month I wanted one for home, price dropped in Sep. to $550, in Nov. to $509 on Amazon, $445 on B&H! I ordered it from B&H. But it was out of stock, should have more by end of Nov. End of Nov. still out of stock, price now $550, should now be in early Dec. Christmas, still not in, price now $599. Finally got it 12/27 for my $445, current price was $609!

Got my eye on a new computer, was $529, dropped to low as $459, now at $559! New models come out in March, bet I get it for around $400.

User Info Menu

For guns check gun.deals. I have not yet seen bud's have the lowest price on a gun.

For Amazon, check out honey.com. it will watch the price fluctuations for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dburkhead View Post
    This is a discussion board. We're here to discuss, even if we <gasp> disagree.

User Info Menu

I just did a transfer for a brand new Ruger LCP and the young lady got it for $156 shipped....
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast