• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Several years ago I bought this inexpensive Kahn 12ga shotgun as a camping, boating, truck gun, etc.

khan_zpslzas6f71.jpg

I recently made the switch from 12ga to 20ga, but couldn't find a replacement for the Kahn. Was in my local rural king, and came across the rock island version. They only had the 12ga in stock.(which btw, comes with a choke tube). I was able to get a 20ga from the Frankfort store.

DSC_7574w_zpsc0ifecmk.jpg

DSC_7574w2_zpsm0ckxrox.jpg

DSC_7577w2_zpsooqlnbgy.jpg

DSC_7579w_zpsmip116zk.jpg

Fits inside the case from the Kahn. :D

DSC_7583w_zpslx9ocwub.jpg

I removed one of the 2 spacers from the butt stock, and added some weight in there to help with balance and recoil. Also added a shell carrier to the stock. Also took the advice from the guy at the Frankfort store and removed the front sight bead and added some lock tite to it. Now, just need to shoot it when weather permits.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    When I was googling these, I never thought to look on youtube. just found this;

[video=youtube;DVogRmWy6CE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVogRmWy6CE[/video]

first minute is kind of goofy, though.

according to the comments, they also made a .410 version. someone also mentioned the mini shells might be funner to shoot in the 12ga.

Last edited:

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I don’t need one of those. I don’t need one of those. I don’t need one of those. I don’t need one of those. I don’t need one of those... Dammit. Why do I want one?

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Very interesting shotgun. Limited use with the single shot, though. The severe recoil also limits usability. Perhaps the best use would be as the video said, to put a "world of pain" on a young shooter you do not like.

Please do not give this to a new or young shooter, like your girlfriend, without sufficient warning. It may be the end of an otherwise good relationship. :rolleyes:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I don’t need one of those. I don’t need one of those. I don’t need one of those. I don’t need one of those. I don’t need one of those... Dammit. Why do I want one?
    I was the same way about the Shockwave, or TAC 14....damned if my lovely wife didn't buy me one, of course then I have to have a full size 870, and traded for one!! I love the Rock Island guns!, great quality for great prices.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    ive got the .410 version in my cabinet that is a friends step-daughter [shes 13. hes a felon] ive shot it a few times. my first impression is good other than i dont like the plastic rear sight.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Man...I want one. But is it needed? It would be good to have as a grab and run type situation. Usually would have your daily carry if something were to happen but to snatch this up on the way to your vehicle would be the only reason I would buy one.

Top Bottom