• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Walked into McDonald's Gun Shop yesterday to check on the price of an Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39. Jeff did not have one in stock, but he did have a CZ527 in the same caliber. It was brand new with the walnut stock and priced at only $499. That is $130-150 less than I could purchase from one of the big internet dealers. A friend was with me, and we discussed the merits of the Ruger vs the CZ. I really liked the iron sights and the set trigger feature was fantastic! Boom, a down payment was slammed down, and the rifle was put into lay-away.

So I came home and after dinner started doing "research", on my soon to be new long arm. After three hours of YouTube videos and web surfing, I soon realized that this rifle was going to be a little more expensive. In addition to the rifle, I found;

A. Fully adjustable aperture rear sight $90 https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com...d=5934&ST=NECG CZ 527 Ghost Ring#.XEMo11VKiM8

B. Two extras magazines at $40 each https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetail/13004_mag-cz-527-762x39-5-rd

C. Double buttstock mag pouch at $23 https://www.strikehardgear.com/mosin-nagant-buttstock-pouch/

Long term, I will probably end up free-floating and threading the barrel, glass bedding the action, and put five coats of Tru-Oil on the stock. One thing is for sure, rifle upgrades sure are addicting, (and fun).

<span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">[video=youtube;iTDhkcSEC10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTDhkcSEC10[/video]

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Indeed, great price. You may want to double check to confirm that rear sight works on the 527 CARBINE. I seem to remember looking at it a while back and it was for the standard 527 line. I know Skinner was working on one and someone was developing a scout rail that mounted on the existind scope ring reliefs.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    That’s a great deal !

The LEO/MIL price for that rifle is $591.00.

You scored!

The owner of the shop told me that he got a couple CZ rifles from the distributor, at a very good price. If I had not bought it, he was thinking strongly about buying it for himself. I am sitting on a stockpile of ammo, so so the caliber choice was easy. Will probably bring it home in a month.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Indeed, great price. You may want to double check to confirm that rear sight works on the 527 CARBINE. I seem to remember looking at it a while back and it was for the standard 527 line. I know Skinner was working on one and someone was developing a scout rail that mounted on the existind scope ring reliefs.

I watched these videos and they explain in the comments what he shooter did to make the sights work with the 527 carbine. I wish Tech-Sights made a set for the 527. They only make them for the 452 and 455.

[video=youtube;x_0auIVKWH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_0auIVKWH8[/video]

[video=youtube;k76xeVixezs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k76xeVixezs[/video]

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I love my 527 in 7.63x39! I was thrilled with my price of just over 600, you did great!

My bolt wasn’t the smoothest runner out of the box, preferring to be manhandled a bit to feed the rounds. It has smoothed out as it has been shot, keeps getting better.

The set trigger is fantastic to use if you like to target shoot, it’s incredibly light. I’m more I’d use it for regular use, it’s very much a hair trigger. Very little weight or movement required when it’s in that forward position.

Enjoy!

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The CZickness is real. Already have a 75B and 82 pistol. This model rifle has always been on my short list, but were always priced just out of my reach. Cannot wait to pick it up and take it to the range.

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    Bought mine from Jeff too, right around the same time. Did you end up getting the peeps? Mine work great with the factory front. Was considering having the trigger guard and mag modified but have t yet. With ammo growing scarcer it’s nice to have a bolt gun that shoots cheap surplus

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bought mine from Jeff too, right around the same time. Did you end up getting the peeps? Mine work great with the factory front. Was considering having the trigger guard and mag modified but have t yet. With ammo growing scarcer it’s nice to have a bolt gun that shoots cheap surplus

I've been kicking around the idea of one for a long time for this reason, even when ammo prices were still decent. I've got a crap-ton of 7.62x39 ammo and only 3 rifles (AK, SKS and VZ2008) that shoot it. A bolt gun would be nice to have!

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I've been kicking around the idea of one for a long time for this reason, even when ammo prices were still decent. I've got a crap-ton of 7.62x39 ammo and only 3 rifles (AK, SKS and VZ2008) that shoot it. A bolt gun would be nice to have!

Once in a while a Type 38 Arisaka redone by the Chinese to take 7.62x39 will show up. I think there is one on Gunbroker right now. Seems you style :cool:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Once in a while a Type 38 Arisaka redone by the Chinese to take 7.62x39 will show up. I think there is one on Gunbroker right now. Seems you style :cool:

Ooh, that would be cool. I've got a nicely done Type 38 sporter that I got from a fellow INGOer that I love, but it's in the original 6.5 Jap caliber. And you know me too well! :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom