• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My cousin is looking for a compact Glock in .45. I just so happen to have a G30s with night sights and a couple cheaper holsters. He's offering to trade me a 10/22 take down, model number 11193, that's only been fired a few times. I've been wanting another 10/22 since I traded mine for his daughter's Savage 64 and I like the idea of a take down model, especially a marine model. Is there anything I'm overlooking that would make this deal a total hose? Sure the G30s is probably worth a little more, but how much more?

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The only thing I see that makes the marine model special is the hard plastic case. I assume it floats. They were selling for $340-$350 but are out of stock most places. I think used takedown models with standard stocks and NON-THREADED barrels are going down in price a bit with the newer offerings with Magpul stocks and threaded barrels.

I would guess the used price of your Glock is $450-$475 with the night sights and I assume the case and a couple mags. The Ruger used should be $265-$300.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Lopsided trade, but since its family. It's your call. If it was Joe blow down the street I'd ask for minimum 1-150 cash. Hes wants your g**** more than you want his 10/22 on top of the $100-150 difference. Just my 2 cents. It is family so that makes it murky unless hes a real gun guy. If he Is knowledgable and been in the game for a while, it's back o fair trading.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Lopsided trade, but since its family. It's your call. If it was Joe blow down the street I'd ask for minimum 1-150 cash. Hes wants your g**** more than you want his 10/22 on top of the $100-150 difference. Just my 2 cents. It is family so that makes it murky unless hes a real gun guy. If he Is knowledgable and been in the game for a while, it's back o fair trading.

If it was anybody else there wouldn't even be consideration without money on his end. He's not really a gun guy but he likes guns. I have no problem helping him out a little. With it being more than just a plain-jane 10/22, coupled with the fact that I've been wanting another 10/22, though not actively pursuing one, it seems like a win-win.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Then yea you do you, maybe get a steak and a beer out of it after a range day. Then it'd be a real win win . Haha it's always good to help family, especially if they're inexperienced at something you know a thing or 2 about.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I'd be asking for a 100 bucks minimum or have him kick in ammo and extra mags to even things out. Family or not business is business.

My family is notorious for trying to take advantage of my skills, tools, and things. They have come to not like me much. Like I mentioned above business is business. I got to be in the plus or at least break even.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I don't mind giving someone a good deal (especially family). I've had people (even strangers) give me solid deals before so why not...and you're getting a gun you want to keep so after spending hundreds on 10/22 accessories and 22 ammo you'll have way more into it than whatever "trade value difference" is assumed right now.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    If you don't shoot or carry to glock much, and you would shoot the 10/22 more, I'd do it.
    A gun is worth what somebody will give you for it. Most of the time, based on the glocks I've seen posted in classifieds, it isn't as much as you want. No gun store will give you more than 40-50% of what you paid for it. I've seen 10/22 takedowns sell for $300-$400, which is probably about what you'd have to list your glock for. My point is the trade probably isn't as lopsided as it would seem.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The whole deal hinges on the "family" part in my eyes. There are people who might be considered members of our family by some folks who I wouldn't trade or sell a gun to for any amount. Then there are some to whom I have given guns. For me, "family" requires further definition. Your call!

Top Bottom