• Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The only "AK" I'm really interested in.

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

Injess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2019
    Columbus
    Hell yeah, the century arms golani’s were such junk, and I’m not that much of a fan of the galil ace even though the 5.56 one has a last round bolt hold open which I like, I’m excited.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm still kicking myself for all the Galils I turned down through the 80s. That's a nice configuration. I would also like it in a 308.

And where's my carry handle?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Me: Got everything squared away, all my bases covered, fighting handguns, fighting carbines, fighting shotguns, DMR with top drawer optic, top end varmit gun, range guns, .22 fun guns, couple of solid hunting rifles, Rubbermaid tubs overflowing with mags. Oodles of ammo, man, I AM set.

Also Me: After I buy a CETME Model L, I am buying two, no three, Galils. Oh, man, it's 1985 all over!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Me: Got everything squared away, all my bases covered, fighting handguns, fighting carbines, fighting shotguns, DMR with top drawer optic, top end varmit gun, range guns, .22 fun guns, couple of solid hunting rifles, Rubbermaid tubs overflowing with mags. Oodles of ammo, man, I AM set.

Also Me: After I buy a CETME Model L, I am buying two, no three, Galils. Oh, man, it's 1985 all over!
    Let me know when you're behind the counter at Galyan's and I'll stop by. :D

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I don't trust ATI at all, but damn I want these to be good and affordable.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I've been pining for a Galil for a couple of years now. Every time I see those darn Galil kits being offered up it gets the juices flowing. That being said I have to wonder how good these things are going to be. The monkeys at Century offer up a hodge-podge of parts builds so can ATI do what Century doesn't seem to be able to do. Price point is up there as well so at this point I'm kind of waffleing between this offering or doing the parts kit, receiver, barrel and sending it to Hillbilly Firearms.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I noticed that the rifle in the video didn't have the bipod, are they going to be available as parts/accessories?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I had a 308 Galil, imported one too, complete with bottle opener (bipod and…) plus a lot of large and small magazines. Sold it for a lot more than I paid for it though….one of these wold be nice but it will have to wait to see if there are any around once things get resolved. LMK Kirk if this needs deleting, I guess when I saw it and thought about how good it would be to have one, I went ahead and replied.:dunno:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Don't quite understand the Galil love: I got to work with a IMI parts kit Galil for a bit, I'd lump it in with the Mini-14: Heavy for what it is, rattled a smidge, wasn't super accurate (best we could wring out was 4MOA), mags were twice the price of AR mags, heat stringing for dayz, etc...

That said, I wish ATI the best of luck with this venture, they're going to need it. The few companies that have made the Galil out of parts kits (similar to the ATI approach) either yielded complete garbage (like the Golani Sporter, which I shot with similar results above) or very high end builds that end up being priced for 4 times what this ATI MSRP is set at.

Top Bottom