• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Everything old is new again. If you drooled over the La Ele in the past, now is the time to scratch that itch via a Hoosier firearms manufacturer.*

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/22/shot-2019-marcolmars-cetme-l/

CETME L

*Those not in the know, MarColMar is located in Richmond, Indiana. Got on the map for the Title I PKM repro.

f981240852757ea7b52580d01e1eedac

Last edited:

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Basically my neighbor, though I haven't done business with them yet.

They are at SHOT this week and replied to an email question I had, within hours- on Media Day.

I mean, that's customer service!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You know what would be kinda cool... and probably an engineering nightmare... is a CETME style upper for an AR lower.

Already have a 7.62 CETME, and an AR, so the Modelo L (while tempting in the mid 90s) doesn't interest me, I could see myself going for the upper-only.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    He also did a run of bulgarian ak74's and uk59's... As always its way out of my price range but its top notch stuff. He did transfer my RPD receiver though at a pretty low transfer fee years back, Very nice guy. Still need to finish that project though.

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    The MAC guy missed a couple things but not a bad review. I can tell you that his comment about the hmg being closer to the original color is one that makes me wonder how these guys come up with some of this stuff. How many original guns in the US? About 15 that I know of. All are machineguns and belong to FFL/SOT holders. MarColMar has one which was used as one of the guides to select paint color along with 10,000 parts sets where the color varies from forest green to OD green and a few shades that aren't even green. Its not just the paint that varies either. The furniture is made from plastic that varies from grey to about 10 shades of green. I can tell you that both shades of green used by MarColMar match the original paint very well. I can also tell you that hmg wasn't far off the mark either. It all depends on what set of parts you're using to guess the shade.

Not sure if it shows but I'm involved in the project to build all these little jewels and with about 500 shipped and more underway its been a great learning experience. Roller locking isn't as simple as many think or as complicated as others fear. As with all things it takes a bit to learn whats what and then its pretty simple. The guns run well, seem to be reasonably accurate and reliable. They can be dirty like all roller lockers but clean pretty easily. MarColMar spent a lot of cash to make proper stamping dies and molds for the furniture and to machine parts from top quality material. There are 4 colors available and they can be had with or without picatinney rails as shown in the MAC video. For the purist types that want to collect what the Spanish military used there are the green rifles with green furniture and no rail and for everyone else there are a wide variety of mix and match that can be had.

I'm happy to answer any questions I can being the tech guy. I can't answer price questions as that is someone else.....

Frank

Top Bottom