• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Among the warehouse of things Kirk does not get is the pistol caliber carbine/SMG. Cannot imagine a more feckless platform, HOWEVER, I am not a large segment of INGO that really digs this stuff.

So . . . here it is, finally, K-USA's Vitiaz clone for the US market.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...ashnikov-usa-kr-9-in-now-shipping-to-dealers/

20190122_110434.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Among the warehouse of things Kirk does not get is the pistol caliber carbine/SMG. Cannot imagine a more feckless platform, HOWEVER, I am not a large segment of INGO that really digs this stuff.

So . . . here it is, finally, K-USA's Vitiaz clone for the US market.

I'm inconsistent in that regards...I care not for the "pistol" caliber carbines yet think a bolt or lever gun carbine in .22, .357 or .44 magnum as a companion to a revolver in those calibers is practical and handy to have...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    While it has the big "K" in the name, it is another American made AK. The msrp on the SBR version is only $100 more than the 16" rifle or pistol so it looks good for that. However, magazines are $46.00 each so the PSA / CZ Scorpion beat it there.

At close to twice the cost of alternatives, I will wait to see if PSA can get the bugs worked out or till Yamadog kindly sells me his :)

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    While it has the big "K" in the name, it is another American made AK. The msrp on the SBR version is only $100 more than the 16" rifle or pistol so it looks good for that. However, magazines are $46.00 each so the PSA / CZ Scorpion beat it there.

At close to twice the cost of alternatives, I will wait to see if PSA can get the bugs worked out or till Yamadog kindly sells me his :)

Ha! Not yet. I'm about 400 rounds in so far and it's still OK so time will tell.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    agreed, I think the mag would look better straight, like the glock mags

Glock mags are angles, not straight. The Vitiaz mags are curved so this is closer to "real" I wonder if it is just aesthetics that has kept someone from developing an AK 9mm pistol using Colt smg style mags.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I admit I have no idea of the beginning of Kalashnikov-USA, but that sounds like an oxymoron. I was more than shocked to go to their booth at the Indy NRA convention to learn they didn't have a 7.62x39mm version of the rifle, but that it was "still under development and expected in the fall of 2019".

Their stuff seemed nice enough, but no way it's superior to the Kalashnikov of old, filed off nail heads or not...

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I admit I have no idea of the beginning of Kalashnikov-USA, but that sounds like an oxymoron. I was more than shocked to go to their booth at the Indy NRA convention to learn they didn't have a 7.62x39mm version of the rifle, but that it was "still under development and expected in the fall of 2019".

Their stuff seemed nice enough, but no way it's superior to the Kalashnikov of old, filed off nail heads or not...

Same here! When I asked about 7.62x39, he said it was in the works for later this year. I would have started with that. They were nice looking rifles for stamped receivers.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    There was a time when I would've done unseemly things for this gun. But after years of false starts, vaporware and quality issues from K-USA, I'm over it. My CZ Scorpion will do me just fine, and if I do get a hankerin for an AK-platform 9mm, Palmetto State's AK-V that uses the same mags as the CZ will fill the bill and save me a few hundo in the process.

For those that *do* want a K-USA 9mm AK, Atlantic Firearms currently has the KR9 rifles in stock. https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/kr-9-rifle-kalashnikov-usa Pistols are listed as "sold out" but they probably haven't had them yet.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    My CZ Scorpion will do me just fine, and if I do get a hankerin for an AK-platform 9mm, Palmetto State's AK-V that uses the same mags as the CZ will fill the bill and save me a few hundo in the process.

I've heard good things about the Palmetto State AK-V’s. I haven’t had the pleasure to shoot one, but they seem to get consistently good praise...

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Honestly with the new non recip stribogs shipping for 699 w 3 30rd mags I can't think of a reason to buy any other 9mm subgun.... But I do like just about every pcc I've gotten my hands on tho, except the sub2k it was garbage... I'll put this in the rent category if I find one on a rental wall. There is something gnarly feeling about a sbr or braced pistol AK that just feels so raw and right. 9mm would be a little more pleasurable 7.62x39.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom