Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I should have known better....

So here am on vacation with the family in Arizona and Iím asked if I want to drive the women into town. I tried not to answer hoping that would be an answer but they kept on. Not wanting to be a jerk I agreed. We get to town and I immediately break away and head for the cigar shop. Picked up a few stogies and started walking back to the vehicle and looked over to my right.....

A gun shop. I figure the women folk are at least an hour out so I wander toward the store. I get to the front and there are old firearms parts in a dusty display and I figure this is just the type of place where I might find some hard to find gun that I never see at home.

I wander through looking at the older rifles just to see what was in there. Then I looked up at the rifles hanging on the wall and there it was. Covered in dust, looking like no one has touched it in a year... a Remington 40X 22lr in excellent shape with Olympic sights. ďUgh...I should have never come in hereĒ. As Iím admiring it from afar one of the guys working the store comes over and says ďcan I show you anything?Ē He sees what Iím looking st then looks back at me and asks again with a little smirk on his face. He then turns back, grabs it and hands it to me. He walked off and return a moment later with a bore light for me to use.

The price is good and after five more minutes of looking it over the worker comes back and tells me heís sure the owner has some wiggle room on it. I text two friends of mine who appreciate these rifles and neither are helping me to resist. I tell the worker I canít buy it since Iím a long way from home. He asks if my home state has a waiting period so I tell him no. He then proceeds to tell me that they can in fact sell it to me. I check with the airlines hoping they wonít allow me to bring it home, another fail. I text the wife in hopes sheíll suggest that I donít buy it and instead she tells me she would enjoy shooting it.

I managed to leave the store without it but I donít think Iím gonna sleep tonight. My last hope is that I canít find a locking hard case to take it with me on the plane. I donít want to ship it for fear of it disappearing or getting damaged.

Ugh....
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

I can ship you a locking hard case. Wait, is that being helpful or not?

User Info Menu

They don't make them anymore like that for whatever you paid. You owe us pics and I'll volunteer a weekend on my range in Brown County if you'd like to come down and show it off. I have a couple of friends with the sporters of that model. Look THOSE prices up.

Great find and a stellar job of humble bragging!
    Just call me lollipop.

User Info Menu

Over the years I've had many more regrets about not buying guns than I have regrets about buying guns.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Plinker

User Info Menu

Oh the dangers of entering a gun store! Sounds like a good vacation. I love Arizona gun stores. South west gun culture + dry, no rust, climate. Seeing how the Remington will hold its value and the wife is OK with the purchase Isay go for it.

User Info Menu

Good luck on your quest to avoid destiny.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

LOL. I saw the thread title and immediately thought "oh my, what did he get himself into THIS TIME".

My friend, go back tomorrow and buy it.
    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Plinker

User Info Menu

The only down side I can see is the hassle of the shipping process..

User Info Menu

I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Do you remember that chick in High School that liked you but you didn't ask her out and you've been kicking yourself over it every day since?

You don't want to do that again, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast