• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Injess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2019
    Columbus
    I’ve never tried anything from palmetto state armory, but I’ve heard good things about them. Kind of surprised though, most people bash cheap guns even when their quality is on par with more expensive brands. I’m really looking forward to their mp5 clone whenever that comes out.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I’ve never tried anything from palmetto state armory, but I’ve heard good things about them. Kind of surprised though, most people bash cheap guns even when their quality is on par with more expensive brands. I’m really looking forward to their mp5 clone whenever that comes out.

I've found most people don't bash cheap guns, they bash people who mistakenly claim the quality of cheap guns is on par with more expensive brands, when in general, it clearly isn't.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They are nice rifles (for a basic AR). I own two.

And customer service is awesome. On one issue, I was told the problem wasnt a safety issue, and to hold onto it and shoot it for a couple months because they had some parts backordered. (for an AR-9, not an AR-15) No sense me shipping it in immediately only to have it sit on the shelf.

Second instance they replaced a barrel even though another smith had tried a fix on it. They could have easily told me to buy a new barrel but they didnt.

I wouldnt hesitate to buy another rifle from them.

Last edited:

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009

And customer service is awesome. On one issue, I was told the problem wasnt a safety issue, and to hold onto it and shoot it for a couple months because they had some parts backordered. (for an AR-9, not an AR-15) No sense me shipping it in immediately only to have it sit on the shelf.

Second instance they replaced a barrel even though another smith had tried a fix on it. They could have easily told me to buy a new barrel but they didnt.

My experience has been the same. Their stuff has gotten better over the last few years and their prices have come down. In my opinion they are the best value out there for a plinker rifle. Are they on par quality-wise with the high dollar 2k rifles out there?? Absolutely not. Are the expensive ones $1600 better?? Depends on how you define better and what $1600 means to you. Bottom line, They work well for what they are. Bolt/carrier is probably not the greatest and the barrels probably arent the greatest. I have zero complaints with their uppers, lowers, lower parts kits and customer service.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My experience has been the same. Their stuff has gotten better over the last few years and their prices have come down. In my opinion they are the best value out there for a plinker rifle. Are they on par quality-wise with the high dollar 2k rifles out there?? Absolutely not. Are the expensive ones $1600 better?? Depends on how you define better and what $1600 means to you. Bottom line, They work well for what they are. Bolt/carrier is probably not the greatest and the barrels probably arent the greatest. I have zero complaints with their uppers, lowers, lower parts kits and customer service.

Yep. I can consistently ring a 4" gong at 150 yards with mine.

I dont think I'd take it into battle, but for hunting/plinking its great.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

Yep. I can consistently ring a 4" gong at 150 yards with mine.

I dont think I'd take it into battle, but for hunting/plinking its great.

Yep. Look like a decent kit for a low price build. Build, shoot, rinse repeat. :yesway:

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I thought about this kit at Christmas time because of the price. I ended up getting one with the M-Lok handguard, Magpul stock, and the Enhanced Polished Trigger. My buddy who helped me build the first one said a lot of the cheap LPK have bad, gritty triggers. He really liked the trigger in my kit. I paid $399 for my kit but it had the look I was wanting. I since bought a second just like it. Next on the list is a 300 Blackout pistol!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I bought a couple for plinking and hunting. They work fine. I have a 2x7 scope on one. It's a great feral cat killer. I learned not to compare them to quality AR's. But they serve my purpose.

brucecrain

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Indianapolis

+1

I had an extra part and was missing the Bolt catch parts. Called them up they shipped it out ASAP. It was at my house by the 3rd day.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I figure it is a decent all purpose knock about truck gun.

Hell, with that price on the kit, even when I factor in the cost of the lower and a rear sight it will come in not much different than the cost of a 10/22. It will have a bit more power though.... ;)

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I'm very happy with my 18" barrel so far. Shot at least 6 different loads including steel case and hand loads. I can see it shooting even better with a nicer trigger and a finer scope.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I had an absolute co witness riser show up today.

I've not tried co witness sights before.... thought I would give it a try on this one.

Top Bottom