• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I miss my H&K 41.
    Predecessor to the 91 and it was closer to the G3 than anything out there.

Now what is he talking about when he says "2 Pin Lower"? H&K G3 had 3 pin lowers and a mag paddle. H&K 41 had 3 pin lowers and a mag paddle. 91s had 2 pin lowers, a front shelf and no mag paddle. What he was holding looked like a 3 pin with a mag paddle. It had 2 pins in the rear and 1 pin in the front but then called it a 2 pin and no shelf.

Color me confused. :n00b:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I miss my H&K 41.
    Predecessor to the 91 and it was closer to the G3 than anything out there.

Now what is he talking about when he says "2 Pin Lower"? H&K G3 had 3 pin lowers and a mag paddle. H&K 41 had 3 pin lowers and a mag paddle. 91s had 2 pin lowers, a front shelf and no mag paddle. What he was holding looked like a 3 pin with a mag paddle. It had 2 pins in the rear and 1 pin in the front but then called it a 2 pin and no shelf.

Color me confused. :n00b:

He mis-spoke, kind of. The HK 90 series guns didn't use a front pin, instead they had the semi auto shelf installed. This prevented installing a "2 pin, or push pin lower". The .308 guns utilize double pins in the rear due to the increased recoil over the 5.56 or 9mm.

When somebody refers to a "2 pin, or a push pin" lower, they are talking about the addition of the front pin. When Zenith started selling semi auto guns with push pins, it was controversial, because the semi auto shelf is what keeps an HK 94 from accepting a MP5 trigger pack or lower.

The second pin at the rear of a .308 is just for redundancy as the stock is the buffer.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    OK-
    So this new gun indeed has a working front pin? (and whatever block they install to keep full auto lowers from being installed) If so I'll take 2.

I do remember years back seeing an H&K clone from ?? company that had a faux front pin. Pin looked great from the outside but it was just part of the pin welded in place to look original. That was silly.

I've spent my entire gun life calling the G3 lowers 3 pinned lowers as have most the gun guys I've dealt with through the years. I'm too old to change now.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    On the fake front pin, it's just a way to make a semi auto look like a real MP5. Similar to how most clone guns will be marked S E F, or have the pictogram lowers showing burst and/or full auto. It's just to make them look authentic. It is called "clipped and pinned"

Most transferable full auto HKs are conversions. They are going to be either a registered receiver, or a registered sear. Not many are real push pin guns. That's why it was so controversial when Zenith or whoever started selling push pin guns without the semi auto shelf. I'm sure there is something else in there that will prevent them from accepting a full auto trigger pack, but I'm not really sure. They're are plenty of people on here that know way more about them, and they'll be along shortly to straighten us both out.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    You MAY be able to pin a full auto trigger pack to a Zenith gun; However, it would be useless as the Zeniths have a blocking plate in the rear of the receiver that will keep a bolt carrier with the sear trip from being installed, as such a Zenith would be useless as a registered sear host. I do believe the front pin is a smaller diameter from the standard pins as well.

people with registered sears say the Zenith guns are garbage due to not being able to use their sear.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My clipped and pinned trigger group has a faux front pin. Most converted full auto guns try to mimmick the real deal & add the paddle "flapper" release as well. I've never heard the mag paddle called a flapper before.

[edit - just saw the post above mine] [strike] This would make a nice host gun if it were to accept a clipped and pinned fire control assembly.[/strike]

Top Bottom