Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AR Barrel

Plinker

User Info Menu

Therea been a handful of folks try the Classic Firearms and Bear Creek barrels out for highpower competition. The general consensus is that they are hit and miss. If you get a good one, they are capable of <moa accuracy with appropriate handloads. If it's a bad one, you might see more like 1.5-2 moa. No, they aren't a Krieger, but they aren't $450 either.

I got one last year. It looks the part, no cosmetic issues to speak of. I have not mounted it up to try it out, so I can't give a first hand account of accuracy.

For a pinker, I'd say go for it. Worst case, you're out $60 for something still plenty capable of hitting a 2 moa target.

The most inexpensive option for a sure 'nuff real deal is a White Oak button barrel. $230 for a 20" post ban, .750" under the gas block. Good to go.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Bear Creek barrels

I bought TWO of these a couple of months ago==A .223 Wylde, and a .300 BlackOut...Both new in the tubes..I have not assembled them to the uppers , but I got them BOTH shipped to my door (PO) for under $85.00//

Try that with the "Big Boys"??? HA.HA.HA...Bill..
    "It's more important to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone".

NRA Life Member since 1976+Outdoor Sportsman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billybob44 View Post
    I bought TWO of these a couple of months ago==A .223 Wylde, and a .300 BlackOut...Both new in the tubes..I have not assembled them to the uppers , but I got them BOTH shipped to my door (PO) for under $85.00//

Try that with the "Big Boys"??? HA.HA.HA...Bill..
    So, what you’re saying is, I bought two lengths of iron tubing for $85 one with a bigger hole than the other. They MIGHT work for their intended purpose, or they might not.

User Info Menu

Depending on your budget I would also put WOA on your list. https://www.whiteoakarmament.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    So, what you’re saying is, I bought two lengths of iron tubing for $85 one with a bigger hole than the other. They MIGHT work for their intended purpose, or they might not.
    You are absolutely RIGHT..

I live my life with the power of positive thinking, and I see no reason to think that these will not give me good service==There will ALWAYS be negative people/thoughts in this world..

I guess if they turn out to be trash, they will make expensive tent stakes..

If I can remember it, I will post a review of them when they are completed..Bill.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billybob44 View Post
    You are absolutely RIGHT..

I live my life with the power of positive thinking, and I see no reason to think that these will not give me good service==There will ALWAYS be negative people/thoughts in this world..

I guess if they turn out to be trash, they will make expensive tent stakes..

If I can remember it, I will post a review of them when they are completed..Bill.
    For a plinker the Bca barrels have been good to go for me. I've built 2 ars with these barrels and zero issues. 2 moa at 100 for just a plinker with cheap ammo is good enough to punch paper in my opinion. Haters gonna hate. For a precision build or duty build, yeah i would go for a better barrel. Op wants a cheap plinking barrel and these will work for that purpose.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    For a plinker the Bca barrels have been good to go for me. I've built 2 ars with these barrels and zero issues. 2 moa at 100 for just a plinker with cheap ammo is good enough to punch paper in my opinion. Haters gonna hate. For a precision build or duty build, yeah i would go for a better barrel. Op wants a cheap plinking barrel and these will work for that purpose.
    THANKS for the POSITIVE information kauf.
    I like your thinking..

Yeah, I do have a couple of bolt guns in my safe that will place one bullet behind the other..These would be built just to see how much fun I can have with them..Bill.

User Info Menu

Bear Creek is the answer.

Why pay more when you don't get more?
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    Bear Creek is the answer.

Why pay more when you don't get more?

Thanks for the lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post

Thanks for the lulz
    Im tending to agree with his opinion on Bear Creek. Laughing at someone else's opinion is for middle school, laugh it up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast