• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Meet REC7's big brother. Barrett rep makes reference to winning contract (I assume for DMRish role) but not announce the nation yet.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...arretts-entry-into-the-7-62-field-the-rec-10/

rec10-1245.jpg

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I almost bought a Rec 7. Couldn't find anything about it. Reviews nothing. It looked and felt good. Went back for a second look and it was gone. Shop owner was glad and said he isn't ordering another. I think it sat forever and it tied up a bunch of cash.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    You're right and I am rethinking my gun purchases now. On a gun like this it would be hard to resell if at all and I couldn't let it from my sight because someone would steal it. Think I'd better served by a rattle canned Palmetto. If it got ripped or broken I could swing by the nearest pawn shop and grab another.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I almost bought a Rec 7. Couldn't find anything about it. Reviews nothing. It looked and felt good. Went back for a second look and it was gone. Shop owner was glad and said he isn't ordering another. I think it sat forever and it tied up a bunch of cash.

I've seen the same thing at other shops, for some reason the Barrett's sit. The earlier ones and especially the 6.8's had shorter very bulky rail systems and the bulky looking railed sight block. They just looked heavy and ungainly. Maybe the newer ones will fare better with the longer slimmer mlok style forearms?

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Buying that would tie up more money than I have spent on my last 4 guns. I am sure it is nice, but I don't feel like I need the best of the best in firearms. Maybe someday that will change, but I haven't the practice or ability to get the maximum out of what I have now (which isn't garbage btw).

Top Bottom