• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Experience with multiple uppers, lowers and other hard parts from PSA, no problems with any of them. I am not afraid to recommend them. By the way I haven't had problems with shipping as some here have.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have 2 PSA rifles. They are excellent "fun beater rifles".
    I have had no problems with either of them. Just make sure you never say they are as good as a high dollar rifle, or that you would count on it if your life depended on it, and you will be fine.

blindguy74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2014
    Rockport
    I have 2 PSA rifles. They are excellent "fun beater rifles".
    I have had no problems with either of them. Just make sure you never say they are as good as a high dollar rifle, or that you would count on it if your life depended on it, and you will be fine.

Lol
    Yeah..u don't wanna make someone with a Colt..DD etc...feel like that in the fantasy door kicking operating world and zombie apocalypse scenario that your PSA rifle at half the cost almost with an FN sourced and MPI/HP BCG wouldn't handle whatever u throw at it the same as said DD and Colt rifle.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I picked up one of there dissipator uppers for $250.00 and used a mil speck bolt I had. Not a problem in 800 rounds.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I ordered a 10.5 300 AAC pistol kit on Jan 28 and got it yesterday. I got it put together today, but still have to decide what to do for optics. This will be for fun shooting and deer hunting. This is my 4th build kit from PSA. I did two 5.56 rifles for me and helped my FIL build one for himself. I am very happy with these guns.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My 300BO 8.5” pistol is a PSA build. The only issues I’ve had is that the pins walk and the rear of the receiver is cut a bit shallow. There is a lot of slop between the upper and lower so I run it with one of those wedge things to tighten the fit a bit. The shallow cut means that I have to trim the shim to fit. It is a runner though and other than the pins walking making an anti-rotation kit necessary, it’s been reliable with all types of ammo except for some home brew 300BO ammo that was made with cut down 223 cases.

I also have a DDM4V1 and there is a big difference in the two. The DD is more accurate and feels smoother when shooting. Not knocking the PSA, but shoot the two together and you will come away really appreciating the DD.

That said, I would not have a problem recommending the PSA for a beater rifle. Heck, put an anti-rotation kit on it and it will get you through the next zombie apocalypse just fine too.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    My 300BO 8.5” pistol is a PSA build. The only issues I’ve had is that the pins walk and the rear of the receiver is cut a bit shallow. There is a lot of slop between the upper and lower so I run it with one of those wedge things to tighten the fit a bit. The shallow cut means that I have to trim the shim to fit. It is a runner though and other than the pins walking making an anti-rotation kit necessary, it’s been reliable with all types of ammo except for some home brew 300BO ammo that was made with cut down 223 cases.

I also have a DDM4V1 and there is a big difference in the two. The DD is more accurate and feels smoother when shooting. Not knocking the PSA, but shoot the two together and you will come away really appreciating the DD.

That said, I would not have a problem recommending the PSA for a beater rifle. Heck, put an anti-rotation kit on it and it will get you through the next zombie apocalypse just fine too.
    great info! Thank for sharing your experience!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Lol
    Yeah..u don't wanna make someone with a Colt..DD etc...feel like that in the fantasy door kicking operating world and zombie apocalypse scenario that your PSA rifle at half the cost almost with an FN sourced and MPI/HP BCG wouldn't handle whatever u throw at it the same as said DD and Colt rifle.

I've seen enough PSA rifles/parts to know the difference. They are what they are, they have their place and I ordered three of their uppers just before the holidays (have yet to shoot them). Convince yourself all you want that you've outsmarted many and purchased the same quality as a Colt/BCM/LMT/DD for half the money, some know better.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've seen enough PSA rifles/parts to know the difference. They are what they are, they have their place and I ordered three of their uppers just before the holidays (have yet to shoot them). Convince yourself all you want that you've outsmarted many and purchased the same quality as a Colt/BCM/LMT/DD for half the money, some know better.
    Stop it, what do you know!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Lol
    Well, at least your username fits. Blind folks are the only one# that get a grace pass on being cheapassed idiots when it comes to building QUALITY rifles.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Actually, I’d like to know if you really think that you’re correct? If you’re really blind, then whatever, but if you really think what you said is true, I challenge you to put up or shut up? I will bring my LMT and BCM, you bring your whatever’s, I’ve got a couple thousand extra rounds of 5.56 that will most likely prove you wrong..?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    And you’re still ghey!;)

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I have built one PSA rifle kit. It punches holes in paper and will work as a home defense/beater rifle. I probably won't shoot more than five hundred rounds thru it in my lifetime, so it should last. No need for an expensive gun if a cheap one works for what I'm using it to do.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Who needs a high end occasional paper puncher if that's all it's intended for? Get the PSA. Know your role.

Top Bottom