• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    Looking for real world experience with this config. Not interested in "why would you" or "I'll stink to my..."

Thinking about this for a build...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Tagged for interest. Been thinking about a Bca side charging upper and bolt assembly to build a 7.5" pistol

Merk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Jasper
    Have a FM Products forward side charger in 16''. 9MM. Love it. Favorite AR I own. FM makes some quality stuff. Traditional side charger, look at Gibbz.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'm planning on getting into a sidecharge AR soon. I have a custom ak with left side charge and I really like it.

Now there are some really cool options in the works from a few different boutique manufacturers. I don't mind reciprocating handles, but in a duress situation shooting from an awkward position it could be painful, so in an AR I want a non reciprocating charging handle, which is a little on the rare end of the availability spectrum. One I've seen being developed charges off the handguard and is non reciprocating, personally that is the one i'm waiting to see develop before I jump into the side charge AR game.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    Fightlite's new MXR has my interest for this reason and it's also non-reciprocating! I also really like the fact that you can change barrels and use magwell adapters to change calibers and mags on the fly via unscrewing the front barrel retention system. It looks stupid cool. If the initial reviews are positive I'll have one with both options for 9mm and 10mm... maybe even 5.7. Might be something to look into if you're wanting one in a pistol caliber... as for 223 or other rifle cartridges I'm not as familiar with the options there.

Merk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Jasper
    I'm planning on getting into a sidecharge AR soon. I have a custom ak with left side charge and I really like it.

Now there are some really cool options in the works from a few different boutique manufacturers. I don't mind reciprocating handles, but in a duress situation shooting from an awkward position it could be painful, so in an AR I want a non reciprocating charging handle, which is a little on the rare end of the availability spectrum. One I've seen being developed charges off the handguard and is non reciprocating, personally that is the one i'm waiting to see develop before I jump into the side charge AR game.

Check out Gibbz and Quarter Circle 10. Both have stripped, non reciprocating uppers that are excellent. New Frontier Armory as well. FM Products has the forward side chargers (charging handle is on hand guard) available as well. Check Brownells, Primary Arms. Only pistol calibers though.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I have one on a .40 AR pistol and love it. I can lock the bolt open with one hand. May not matter on a 5.56 but with a pistol caliber that is difficult to insert a full mag on a closed bolt it is an awesome feature.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    :rolleyes:Let’s see if we can feed’em with FAL mags too while we’re at it. Heysoos, keeryste, the stupid runs rampant when it comes to ARs and people loose on the interwebz. Can’t wait for the “my **** won’t run” post in the gunsmithing or other forum.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    :rolleyes:Let’s see if we can feed’em with FAL mags too while we’re at it. Heysoos, keeryste, the stupid runs rampant when it comes to ARs and people loose on the interwebz. Can’t wait for the “my **** won’t run” post in the gunsmithing or other forum.

Is there a point to this ignorant ramble? You obviously dont have any useful input.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

Need help with that sand in your vag?

mlockhart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Noblesville IN
    I have an AR15 setup for long range shooting with a bolt handle. When your on the scope is is easier to cycle the bolt. I bought the rifle already set up from a estate sale. 6-24x50mm, .223 Wilde 22 inch heavy barrel. I’ll have to look to see what brand the BCG and bolt are.
    I wasn’t sure I would like it. But it functions well. Occasionally brass being ejected will meet the bolt handle coming forward so brass cleanup has a wider area to look over. When you clean the rifle the bolt complicates the process. The rifle is a tack driver. After probably 800 rounds down range (550 RD’s one day in a Dog town in South Dakota) I probably wouldn’t have built the rifle with this bolt handle but it does work well and I wouldn’t it change now.

Top Bottom