• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Great idea if you have to deal with the calicomies, but I think technically the term 'checkmate' means your opponent has no more moves and you win. This seems too much like admitting defeat to me.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    If I should happen to incur a brain injury causing me to want to move to Californication, I'd consider it. Otherwise, standard operation AR or bolt gun.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I don't know California law at all, but I'm honestly surprised this would satisfy their legal requirements. It seems like if this works, then simply removing the bolt would also work? Either way the only thing necessary to make it a working semi-auto is to replace the bolt. Don't get me wrong, I want this to work and I don't really know, I'm just a bit skeptical about it considering some of the things people get prosecuted for.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't know California law at all, but I'm honestly surprised this would satisfy their legal requirements. It seems like if this works, then simply removing the bolt would also work? Either way the only thing necessary to make it a working semi-auto is to replace the bolt. Don't get me wrong, I want this to work and I don't really know, I'm just a bit skeptical about it considering some of the things people get prosecuted for.

I think the idea is that there's nothing illegal about having an AR BCG. So, if something were to happen, taking out the frankenbolt and dropping in the BCG wouldn't be a big deal.

On a related note, I also think this an ingenious solution to an artificial problem. And when you consider how fast the old-timers could shoot their bolt guns, spending some time on the range mastering this could still yield a pretty good rate of fire.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    You are conflating California law and ATF "constructive possession"

In Cali it only has to be in a legal form. Other than federal issues, having the parts to make it a semi auto is not, to my understanding, an actual legal issue.

I've got family out there and I try to stay abreast, but it's harder and harder every year to keep track.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    IIRC CA has changed definitions time and again in order to outlaw guns. If this did satisfy their legal requirements, it sure wouldn't satisfy THEM, and they'd call it a loop-hole and change the law.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I’m sure there’s plenty of civil disobedience to go around when it comes to the farmers in the central valley and lots of other people around the state. This law and so many others like it are utterly stupid and do absolutely nothing to prevent crime. I know plenty of Californians including some law-enforcement and none of them speak favorably of the laws imposed on them in the land of fruits and nuts.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Why, yes, officer, that order for a new BGC on the same day I ordered my dickless compliant rifle is a simple coincidence.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Didn't someone already make a pump AR for Kookifornia?

Yes, Troy Industries. The same company that hired Dale Monroe, the partner of Lon Horiuchi who was the baby and pregnant woman killing sniper as one of their training division trainers. He was quoted that he would have taken the same shot Lon did. They had also hired Jody Weis, who was incredibly antigun and formerly Chicago PD. They fired them both but concept still remains. Company kowtows to idiotic laws and unconstitutional viewpoints.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Yes, Troy Industries. The same company that hired Dale Monroe, the partner of Lon Horiuchi who was the baby and pregnant woman killing sniper as one of their training division trainers. He was quoted that he would have taken the same shot Lon did. They had also hired Jody Weis, who was incredibly antigun and formerly Chicago PD. They fired them both but concept still remains. Company kowtows to idiotic laws and unconstitutional viewpoints.

I know they fired J-Fled, but I thought I saw that they refused to fire Monroe and even defended him. Got a link? Would be much appreciated- thanks

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Kind of a solution looking for a problem. Remove the gas tube and just use the regular charging handle. Same result.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Kind of a solution looking for a problem. Remove the gas tube and just use the regular charging handle. Same result.

Good point, mechanically.

I'm not sure how close I'd want my hand to that teeny tiny little hole, though. ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom