Zach at ZR Tactical Solutions is amazing!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Zach at ZR Tactical Solutions does awesome work!

I wasn't sure exactly where to put this but since it's for my long gun I figured this would be the place. I came into possession of a Surefire Hellfighter awhile back and was trying to determine the best way to put it to use. I took along with my rifle tripod and rifle in to Zach to see what he could do. We came up with a plan and he went to work. I'm extremely pleased with the results and the quality of the work. It looks awesome and functions as desired! The coyotes may be in trouble if I can get them to come in after dark....

j8L143th.jpg

EiNNySth.jpg

xTU5P3Vh.jpg

BcmmKyph.jpg

Zach made the black aluminum adapter which sits between the two FDE parts of the tripod. He also made the fully adjustable G10 handle which runs down the left side of the rifle to which the power switch will be attached. The light locks up tight on the mount, no rattling and it doesn't take a gorilla to get it on there. I'll be taking more projects to Zach, my wheels are turning already.

TZFrCguh.jpg

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    That thing is awesome. I want to see you carry that out to a field though!

And yes, Zach does amazing work.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    She'll run on 12v so I'm planning on working up both a long and a short power cable so I can use it as a handheld in my truck then have a long cable to use it well away from my truck or the JD Gator.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That thing is awesome. I want to see you carry that out to a field though!

I won't be humping it far that's for sure. This will serve as a definite deliberate setup for me, at least for now. It's possible to run them off of Lipo batteries but I'm not sure I want to put in the effort to do that just yet.

ArisakaTiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2017
    Westfield
    Love working with Zach... Super responsive and creative. The rig he put together looks awesome and it has me excited to take some projects to him before I find an excuse not to.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Nice job but to me, it appears that the light isn't parallel to the bore so on long distance shots the main hot spot of the torch will hit the ground whilst the scope trajectory will be higher. Might be the angle that I am looking at it too.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It works as designed. The mount Zach made is flat and true, if there is a point where the angle of the light to the bore line of the rifle becomes an issue it will be with the rail system of the rifle.

Top Bottom