Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Alreadt have a few psa nitride AR's. Looking to put together something a little better just to have. Still have a budget though. Which one would INGO choose? If you know of a better option for around the same $$$ I'm open to suggestions.

PSA CHF

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...3-5-lightweight-m-lok-upper-no-bcg-or-ch.html

Or Stag arms chrome lined

https://www.stagarms.com/stag-15-b556-m-tac-upper/
    Hands down I would choose aero precision over either just my opinion :)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Gypsy31

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Newburgh
    I’ve dealt with PSA before and wouldn’t hesitate to get another upper from them. I would get the PSA one unless your just looking to try something different.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I’ve dealt with PSA before and wouldn’t hesitate to get another upper from them. I would get the PSA one unless your just looking to try something different.
    I've built several out of PSA in while everything else on them was good I have had that true up the face on a couple of them

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Hands down I would choose aero precision over either just my opinion :)

A friend of mine just got his armorer's certificate. He just built a .223/5.56, 16" barrel, .223 Wylde chamber, 1:9 twist, Aero Precision upper.

IMG953230_zpsndbo9xrn.jpg

IMG953229_zps455lqmh7.jpg

Last edited:

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    A friend of mine just got his armorer's certificate. He just built a .223/5.56, 16" barrel, .223 Wylde chamber, 1:9 twist, Aero Precision upper.
    Yeah I've never had to do anything to accurize a aero precision upper not to say that I won't run into one at some point but as of yet they've all been pretty much flawless

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I flat out REFUSE to deal with PSA. Horrible, terrible, truly awful customer service. Slow shipping times, rude staff.

I would buy a Radical upper if you're looking for budget.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Big aero fan here.

PSA has proven very functional, although their tolerances can vary pretty widely.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Big aero fan here.

PSA has proven very functional, although their tolerances can vary pretty widely.

That's probably because Aero manufactures parts. PSA buys and rebrands parts. The PSA lowers I own are all Aero Precision, but PSA buys from several suppliers.

That being said, PSA is awful, and I hate them.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    That's probably because Aero manufactures parts. PSA buys and rebrands parts. The PSA lowers I own are all Aero Precision, but PSA buys from several suppliers.

That being said, PSA is awful, and I hate them.
    Yeah, I found a master list of manufacturers and who gets what from which manufacturers.. I'll look for it I little later and post the link to it unless some beats me to it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Lots of PSA hate here. Normally I’d agree.....but that’s their CHF Upper, which is a FN barrel. Pretty nice.

I wouldn’t even look at Stag stuff, it’s not in the same league as PSA CHF or Premium (the only PSA worth buying).

But $370 seems a bit steep to me with no BCG or charging handle. You’re getting really close to BCM, Sionics, and Larue UU prices there.....

For that price, I’d look elsewhere or build my own.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/A...re__MMS__CMT__LAR__LMT_compared___/12-318113/

Here's a partial account of who manufacturers and who rebrands.. it's by no means exhaustive.. but seriously to the guy asking about uppers... at least check out aeroprecision... you won't be disappointed..

I've never had anything less than A++ product and customer service from aero... probably why they are sold out alot.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Aero is the bee's knees.

BCM has blem stripped uppers for $59, they come with FA and dust cover, but you have to put them together.

Pop a Rosco barrel in that bad boy, and finish with your choice of handguard.

Also, Radical has a lot of great deals going on right now. Bought a 10.5" barreled upper for a truck gun for $118.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Aero is the bee's knees.

BCM has blem stripped uppers for $59, they come with FA and dust cover, but you have to put them together.

Pop a Rosco barrel in that bad boy, and finish with your choice of handguard.

Also, Radical has a lot of great deals going on right now. Bought a 10.5" barreled upper for a truck gun for $118.
    Believe it or not, if you want nearly match quality barrel the satern from brownells is a excellent choice that wont break the bank, it comes with a headspaced boltface matched for that barrel... they are not shilen or criterion but are pretty dang good.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Believe it or not, if you want nearly match quality barrel the satern from brownells is a excellent choice that wont break the bank, it comes with a headspaced boltface matched for that barrel... they are not shilen or criterion but are pretty dang good.

I bought one for my 6.5 Grendel. I'm easily shooting .5 moa with factory ammo.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I was all set to buy 3 Rosco barrels, but they were sold out of the 11.5". I guess I'll wait.

I haven't shot one yet, but from what I've seen, they should be about on par with BCM. I will certainly look into Brownell's. I buy parts there all the time.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I bought one for my 6.5 Grendel. I'm easily shooting .5 moa with factory ammo.
    Same here, I did one grendel in satern, another in shilen and creedmoor in criterion and while the shilens and criterion are 1/4 and less I still get 1/2 from satern

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I was all set to buy 3 Rosco barrels, but they were sold out of the 11.5". I guess I'll wait.

I haven't shot one yet, but from what I've seen, they should be about on par with BCM. I will certainly look into Brownell's. I buy parts there all the time.
    Specifically the satern..

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states

I'm not sure if satern has 11.5 but cant hurt to look:)

Top Bottom