• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    Like to shoot clay pigeons and need some help on picking a good shotgun to use. I just want something to use only for this and just shoot for enjoyment with family and friends. New or used does not matter. Prefer semi auto but not sure on what gauge would be best. I use to have a Remington 1100 12 gauge semi auto but that was years ago. Any help and info is very appreciated. Thanks.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am a BIG Fan of my Mossberg 930 JM Pro Series. Bought it to start shooting 3 gun, but I also love it for skeet/sporting clays. I think they are a pretty dam good shotgun for the $

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Shoot clay pigeons where.... Backyard, Organized Club Event? Less than 12 gauge is popular while shooting for fun where I'm located. 12 gauge is dang near a prerequisite for Brag'n Rights when shooting at organized events, so if one has only one gun, 12 should kinda be at the forefront of your search.

Nuthang wrong with an 1100 if you can find another one in good condition within budget.

Suspect there will be as many different suggestions as posts, so to not add to any confusion, I'll stop short of telling you what you should buy...cause let's face it, it's really nothing more than MHO.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    h1G7z1Z.gif

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I bought a Beretta A300 a few years ago that has operated flawlessly. It even cycles my lighter 7/8 oz reloads without a problem. The prices have gone up since my purchase, but thought I would still make mention of the Beretta.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Have you considered an O/U for your clay shoots? Some of the brand's coming out of Turkey are pretty good quality without
    breaking the bank

Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    I want to thank everyone again for there responses to my post. Still looking around and hopefully soon will make a decision. Going to check a couple local shops that carry a good selection of new and used guns.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    Stoeger side by side coach supreme. 20in barrel, walnut/blued, 12ga, 3in chamber.

Ur welcome

RLC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Greenville IN
    Browning or Beretta both make outstanding guns, plus they're easy to resell if and when you're looking to upgrade or change your game.

Top Bottom