• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have looked time and time again at the Surefire forends for the Remington 870 (DSF-870) but never made the purchase mainly due to the price. I just saw that Streamlight is jumping in the market with an shotgun forends that has what appears to be a decent integrated light. Obviously time will tell if it is good enough for duty use or home protection, but I sure hope it is.

The specs from the Streamlight website show it to be compatible with the Remington 870 or Mossberg 500/590 and has an 850 lumen light. The best part that I see so far is the price. The MSRP is shown to be $225, but Botach has it for $119, and Optics Planet has it for $139.

Might be a good option down the road!

https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/tl-racker

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    That's a neat piece... They ought to integrate one of those spreading lasers that simulates a shot pattern (or maybe a central red beam to aid in point-and-shoot aiming).

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    like the light looks like it would have good ergos, and that many lumens is really bright....ordering from botach though i've heard some horror stories

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’m torn, while I’d like to not spend Surefire money, I have had very bad luck with any WML besides SF. Streamlight handhelds are pretty good kit, and I own several. I’ve had nothing but bad luck with the TLR series.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Excellent, some competition in this arena is needed. The current SF offering is an ergonomic nightmare. (for me and my group, I’m sure some others may like it)

The laser products design and subsequent SF design were very usable, dimensions closely mimicking an actual factory fore end. I still use a laser products upgraded to a Malkoff head on my duty gun just because of the ergos.

All the best to SL on this foray!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom