• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep, semi-auto single shot! Picked this up off Gunbroker and it arrived today. Neat little .22 and pretty unusual. Fires from an open bolt, and ejects the empty out the bottom (making it a "semi-auto"). Every time the action cycles, it automatically puts the safety on, so you have to take the safety off for each shot. Probably make a good training rifle for first time shooters. They were only made from 1958 to 1961. Here's a Youtube of one.

[video=youtube;7qjs8Z0CxWM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qjs8Z0CxWM[/video]

And here's mine. :)

O3kEAkb.jpg

Kh0dlxl.jpg

A16EhG4.jpg

hgbbPBA.jpg

VKblNy5.jpg

oEQEPXc.jpg

cVh1Gch.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks Harry! It really threw me for a loop when I read the description on GB about the "single shot semi-auto". There's not a lot of info about them out there except for some mention on some other gun forums. I did find a .pdf of the orignal owner's manual though, so I could see how to disassemble it for cleaning. Looks real simple.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I haven't decided whether to refinish the stock or not. If it was a milsurp rifle, I wouldn't, but it's not an expensive gun and I don't think it would hurt the value any if I did. Not in horrible shape or anything, but it's got its share of nicks and dings in the stock.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I haven't decided whether to refinish the stock or not. If it was a milsurp rifle, I wouldn't, but it's not an expensive gun and I don't think it would hurt the value any if I did. Not in horrible shape or anything, but it's got its share of nicks and dings in the stock.

It might not have been expensive new or it's value now might not be considerable but original condition is always desired.
    It looks like the metal finish is in good shape so upping the condition of the wood might not be a bad thing?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It might not have been expensive new or it's value now might not be considerable but original condition is always desired.
    It looks like the metal finish is in good shape so upping the condition of the wood might not be a bad thing?

Yeah, the metal looks great for a 60 year old gun. Might be a project for a rainy day.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Show a picture with the bolt cocked back.. Honest to goodness, I can not even think why anyone would want such a thing***

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Show a picture with the bolt cocked back.. Honest to goodness, I can not even think why anyone would want such a thing***

It doesn't look any different with the bolt cocked back. The loading gate hides the inner workings. I know of at least two other people that were interested in it. One of them bid on GB, the other one just complained that I "stole" his rifle. :p

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Certainly an interesting concept. Wonder how much the bolt closing affects your aim. Sooo, we're going to need you to shoot it and report back. :yesway:
    I didn't want to dry fire it too much being a rimfire, but I did do it a couple of times, and honestly it feels like any other semi-auto or even bolt action. I can't imagine it throwing it off too much. I'll definitely report back when I get a chance to shoot it. 40 years ago I could've stepped out my backdoor and tried it, but nowdays the neighbors (and cops) might have issues with that. :):

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wow! That is different. I also noticed it's Long or Long Rifle. No Shorts allowed.

Top Bottom