• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • way2good4u95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 5, 2018
    Plainfield
    I have a Galil built on an IMI parts kit. It has a bad trigger slap. I've been told it's likely due to the firing control group because it has the original IMI full auto firing control group in it. I was recommended a Tapco g2 double hook trigger and cannot find one in stock anywhere. Any suggestions for a firing control group that'll fit a Galil and is actually in stock?

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I have a Galil built on an IMI parts kit. It has a bad trigger slap. I've been told it's likely due to the firing control group because it has the original IMI full auto firing control group in it. I was recommended a Tapco g2 double hook trigger and cannot find one in stock anywhere. Any suggestions for a firing control group that'll fit a Galil and is actually in stock?

Who did your build? Yes they can have pretty nasty trigger slap mine did until i fixed it. Paid a company in Florida to put one together and they did a number on it, and then i had Jeff Miller "hillbilly firearms rebuild it" there is no better galil smith in the world. Yes you might have a few parts of the original FCG but id be hesitant to say "full auto" cause its not!!! Not with out the auto disconnector which can't be reinstalled without the 3rd axis pin. The worst concern is if your 922r compliant (need so many US made parts) so just double check you have enough parts on your build to stay compliant, The galil needs 5 US made Parts.

Now your issue is hammer drag (after the reset the bolt carrier knocks it back down alittle more and thats being felt in the trigger).

Your on the right track a G2 trigger would be a good upgrade your gonna what a single hook but you will only use the disconnector and hammer. You'll need your original trigger sense its apart of the push safety (at least it is on a push to fire style FCG). Most galil's are push to safe i got pretty lucky on my kit! (this is the grip selector lever). I have zero slap now and its a very respectable smooth trigger for a military style firearm. (doing this mod you'll get 2 additional US made Parts) Normally the G2 FCG would give your 3 but your keeping your original trigger so only 2.

Last edited:

way2good4u95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 5, 2018
    Plainfield
    I was not the one that did the build. Bought it from a gentleman in Fishers who claimed he was the one who did the build. It's built on an Ohio Assault Weapons receiver so it has a US receiver. It does have a US folding stock on it so that's another part. Very hard to fold and unfold it though. I am unsure of the barrel. I do plan on doing the disconnector and hammer like you have mentioned. I do plan on getting a US pistol grip for good measure because I am unsure of the number of US parts on the build. I do have the grip selector lever. Good to know I can get the G2 single hook trigger and just use the disconnector and hammer.

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    My apologies for bringing an old thread from the dead but I’m getting ready to drop all of my parts off to the smith for my build. I have a NOS double hook G2 on the way. I’m curious as to why a single hook is recommended when the original trigger is double?

Top Bottom