Where are all the bone stock ARs for sale!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    There used to be all sorts of stock ARs for sale on here. Is everyone just holding on to the stock ARs or is everyone just building there own now. I think there is something to be said for factory out of the box AR. I know ARs are legos for adults but a solid factory M&P or Bushmaster with no mods would be nice to see. Or is everyone building there own. Am I alone in this observation?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Plenty of stock ones available at the online retailers. As low as $350 to the skies the limit.
    I've bought 1 factory Ar in my life and then modified it, so from that point on i just build them from the ground up. Build them the way i like them, instead of buying new and upgrading. May cost more to build but then its exactly what I want.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There used to be all sorts of stock ARs for sale on here. Is everyone just holding on to the stock ARs or is everyone just building there own now. I think there is something to be said for factory out of the box AR. I know ARs are legos for adults but a solid factory M&P or Bushmaster with no mods would be nice to see. Or is everyone building there own. Am I alone in this observation?
    I have some old bushmasters that i want to sell. Some old rock rivers too and others. But I'm not giving them away. Most of those I bought early 2000's and prices were higher then anyways.
    Right now if you sell an AR you're going to get hosed.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I think most people here are savvy enough to either:

1. Not sell when prices are at rock bottom
    2. Build their own ARs and not need to buy a stock AR

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The market flooded, can proly buy new for cheaper.

I think most people here are savvy enough to either:

1. Not sell when prices are at rock bottom
    2. Build their own ARs and not need to buy a stock AR

Yep. Two of my buddies just bought brand new ARs for under 4 bills out the door.

Nobody wants to sell the Obama era $800 panic rifle for $250. Cant say I blame them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have some old bushmasters that i want to sell. Some old rock rivers too and others. But I'm not giving them away. Most of those I bought early 2000's and prices were higher then anyways.
    Right now if you sell an AR you're going to get hosed.

Truth.
    I have 1 stock out of the box AR with a set of MagPul flip up's on it. Butt heads want to give me $250 for it. Bravo Sierra. I will "Give it" to my oldest son.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Yep. I've got one that I'll probably get rid of in the future, but no way it will be in today's market. I have a friend that keeps saying he wants it, but never actually bites. It's a Colt LE6920MPG-OD factory anodized green. Just like this one. One similar, but with DD rails added and a couple of other changes, recently sold on ARFCOM for $1800. I'll be holding on to mine for a while.

iu

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I agree with the above, I have several stock ARs, but I am in no hurry. I will wait for the next big scare when prices recover. They aren't costing me anything sitting in the closet.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Stock used AR's are like stock used Jeep Wranglers. Practically a unicorn!:)

However, and I may have mentioned this in another thread, my brother recently sold a rifle I built for him that was a tack driver. Literally a 1 hole group at 100 yards.

I had $1200 in it when I sold it to him several years ago. He sold it for close to that a couple months ago.

But this was not a run of the mill rifle. This was a rifle that could do well in the National Matches with the right shooter behind it.

But unless you have something special, I agree, the market is not suited to sellers.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I have two bone stock AR's, one from 1993 and a carbine I got as a birthday present from Mrs. MarkC in 2012 (aren't I lucky?). The 1993 rifle is a Colt Sporter, with all the features Colt added to try to avoid the AWB (bayonet lug milled off, really modified bolt carrier, weird takedown pin diameters).

I wouldn't trade or sell either one. I like them bone stock, like the rifles when I was in the "real" Army (cue old man noises). :):

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I'm keeping mine for the next panic, at which time the Colt's will be priced @ $2K, the PSA's @ $1k and 20 round mags (or is that clips?) will be $100:ar15:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    There's a ton of factors:
    Factory ARs don't make a ton of sense fiscally ($550 or around there for a Smith M&P Sport, where you can build the exact same gun, likely a better rear sight for $400) when parts kits are so inexpensive from Palmetto. Lots of people have seen that Melonite/Tennifer for their needs is sufficient, so even chrome lined weapons like RRA and Colt don't have the luster they once held. For every 5 AR owners, at least one of them is nearly an armorer when it comes to building them and can assemble their friends disassembled kits easily or change out parts quickly. Don't get me wrong, Colts will still sell well, but 6920s aren't exactly a collector's item anymore (unless you have the actual, factual, intended for Mexico ones)

Crashing "salad days" pricing on the rifle kits, I think people are wanting to hold onto them, hoping for another "panic" but I think this time will be like Beanie Babies: Sure, there are a few rare ones that might command a high price, but everyone's got the darn things so pricing stays low. People thinking they are going to sell their PSA basic build, that cost them $400, for $800 might be better suited doing penny stocks rather than hedging their bets selling their low-tier AR. Same with Glocks: What used to garner you a solid $450, say a used third gen normal sighted G19, will languish until you price near $400 or lower. The mass produced arms just are too prolific, to our benefit (harder to take away completely with confiscation, which will be nearly impossible now).

Politics have some to play as well: I'm pro Trump but he really jumped the shark with the bumpstock ban, and millions of gun owners have shared this sentiment in dropping their membership from the NRA over their support of it. Simple numbers don't lie and the numbers point to POed people. Combine the shaken trust of firearm owning Americans with the now leftist controlled House (and possible more seats next midterm and uncertainty in the 2020 Presidential election), we're seeing people buying but not selling. Bills have already been introduced to try to ban 'assault weapons' again, even arm braces! The state by state failure of gun rights also weighs heavily in people's minds, seeing normally right states going left and bills being introduced, voted and passed in places you wouldn't even think an AWB would work.

As an aside, NOW is the time to bury or hide your guns. Get an extra AR, grease the heck out of it and sink it into the ground with PVC and desiccate. Hide ammo at your friend's farm. Put a 7 mag bandoleer in your desk at work, etc... If you wait until they being confiscation to bury, the newly seeded grass in your backyard is going to look suspect...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

I am uncertain where you are looking, but I see stacks of Ruger and Smith ARs for sale at the Crown Point gun show.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Like others have stated, now is not the time to be selling them. As we all know, there are a lot of people hoping to "get rich" if/when another panic ensues.
    We really are our own worst enemy, wanting to put the screws to our fellow gun owners in the event of a panic.

And trust me I know both sides of the "panic" mentality.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Like others have stated, now is not the time to be selling them. As we all know, there are a lot of people hoping to "get rich" if/when another panic ensues.
    We really are our own worst enemy, wanting to put the screws to our fellow gun owners in the event of a panic.

And trust me I know both sides of the "panic" mentality.

This way of profiteering is pretty standard among douche bags I have crossed paths with. Yup, I said it. And I stand by the remark.
    Harley's was pretty much the same thing for a while. Everybody wanted one and they were sold out so the flippers and carpet baggers jumped in with both feet. Pretty much wrecked the market for those of us that actually wanted to ride them. Bike shops sprang up everywhere and proceeded to rape and pillage. Only a handful remain.

Muscles cars were next. Snake oil salesmen came out of the wood work and are still operating but not as lucrative these days. Same deal. "Restoration" shops opened, robbed and closed.

Sandyhook brought the side show carny crowd out in force. Lined up to snatch all the .22 they could and it was on line at 4 to 5 times what they paid for it.

Now, who is at fault here. Reality shows that if a market opens up......some dip weed will milk it dry.

Top Bottom