• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Picked up a Mini 30 at Big R on sale and during their no sales tax on Firearms week (still going). Best deal I could find, even for a used rifle. So I'm interested in hearing how any owners here have dressed theirs up or modified theirs for looks and performance. Tell me what you have please.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Picked up a Mini 30 at Big R on sale and during their no sales tax on Firearms week (still going). Best deal I could find, even for a used rifle. So I'm interested in hearing how any owners here have dressed theirs up or modified theirs for looks and performance. Tell me what you have please.

Mini 30 in 7.62x39.
    Power hammer springs to help with the soft primer strike issue using brenden primers. Helped a little, but still needs to be fed brass to function reliably.

The I set it up with a vortex sparc 2... holy geez this thing is fun! I buy brass ppu anytime I see it... I love it!

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Mini 30 in 7.62x39.
    Power hammer springs to help with the soft primer strike issue using brenden primers. Helped a little, but still needs to be fed brass to function reliably.

The I set it up with a vortex sparc 2... holy geez this thing is fun! I buy brass ppu anytime I see it... I love it!

Just read some reviews on the Vortex Sparc 2 and that just might be what I'm looking for. Thanks. I am considering a new stock mostly for options of mounting accessories. Anyone have suggestions?

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Always wanted a mini-30. Can’t understand why but the lure is there.

Can you define ‘deal’. (I understand if you just want to give a ball-park)

$709.99 and no sales tax. It's still showing that price on their website. I found a few used ones around the country for a little less but every new one I could find was over $800 and many were approaching $1000

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    mini 30 is a great rifle for plinking. Can also hunt with it, but wouldn't go beyond iron sight range. For me that's about 150 yds.
    I just have a Ak sling and simple 3-9x scope. Don't try to go with cheap rings. I used cheap aluminum and even the light recoil would knock the scope after a few mags. Finally got some better steel rings that hold it tight. $700 is a good deal too. I paid $850 for mine.
    I've never really looked in to different stocks; I wanted mine to be kind of an anti-black rifle without all the tacticool bells.
    I can shoot 1-2 inches consistently with the cheapest brass cased ammo. Usually that's privi or fiocchi. I also buy the PSP ammo, not the round nose.
    I've also considered reloading but to pick up the brass is a chore. Flings it about 10 yards due right.

Top Bottom