• Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Wildcat Uncaged

This looks interesting. Especially with a $249 MSRP. It takes 10/22 mags too.

Winchester-Wildcat-22.jpg

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Built-in rail. Peep sight. Built-in sling attachments. Takes 10/22 mags. Reversible ambi safety. $250 MSRP. This thing is a winner.

THE BEST PART IS I saw a TGC video last night that demo'ed the takedown procedure. You hit a button on the back of the receiver and the whole trigger group just drops out the bottom. That's very slick engineering, and will make for super easy cleaning... if you're the kind of weirdo who cleans guns. But I don't think I've cleaned my 10/22 since the 90's.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Built-in rail. Peep sight. Built-in sling attachments. Takes 10/22 mags. Reversible ambi safety. $250 MSRP. This thing is a winner.

THE BEST PART IS I saw a TGC video last night that demo'ed the takedown procedure. You hit a button on the back of the receiver and the whole trigger group just drops out the bottom. That's very slick engineering, and will make for super easy cleaning... if you're the kind of weirdo who cleans guns. But I don't think I've cleaned my 10/22 since the 90's.

The TGC video is where I saw it also.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i read somewhere that they had some at the shot show media day...and the reviews we less than stellar. mis feeds and jams galore

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    i read somewhere that they had some at the shot show media day...and the reviews we less than stellar. mis feeds and jams galore

I hope that isn't the case, or it gets sorted out. I'm also worried that it doesn't look like it is all that strong. For a kid it wouldn't be a big deal but it doesn't look like it would stand up to slinging up and put much pressure on it if you are building a tight shooting position.
    Outside of those two concerns it looks like a major competition for a 10/22 if not an upgrade.

Top Bottom