VLTOR A5: unobtainium? Who has it actually in stock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    My Google-Fu is obviously failing me. Everyone seems to be out all at once.

Does VLTOR not ship these anymore? Or do they just care so little about civilian sales that they don't care about the perpetual stock-out?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    No, I want just the receiver extension, or a kit that includes it without the emod stock.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

Thats the only A5 compatible RE in stock anywhere. And the fit/finish isn’t great.

Even the 10-position Magpul SR25 extensions — which are A5 compatible— are totally unobtainable.

This is absurd. If I want to buy an A5 RE, I have to buy a BCM or nothing? This nonsense.

Not to mention the absurdity of the BCM kit including an H0 buffer. The whole point of A5 was to use rifle buffer weight in a collapsible stock.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I've never tried one that I'm aware of and, to tell the truth, I always kinda figured it was more marketing than anything. Do they really smooth things out enough to be worth the extra cost?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    BCM is good to go. Solid mil-spec or better components.

I was hoping to avoid BCM because of the multiple reports that the inside of their A5 extension are not very smooth and are very noisy when cycled. I'm hoping to reduce "sproig" without going to pricey JP SCS or something.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Update: the A5 extensions are (perhaps temporarily) back in stock at several sources. Act now if you want one.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Yep, just ordered the extension a few days ago from Midway. I might order another (or two) in case VLTOR goes backorder again.

Now, has anyone actually touched the MAGPUL enhanced REs? Vaporware from what I can tell.

Top Bottom