• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Just got home from work and have just got my latest range toy unpacked and grabbed a few pics. It's a reproduction 1945 bcd K98 LSR sniper that a buddy tip me off about. This one and it was built buy Charlie Romero who is pretty well known for producing some very nice reproduction K98 snipers and should be a tack driver.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have to stop looking at these awesome Mausers. I am regretting getting rid of my 1942 6.5x55. :(

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Berdan's 'Sharps Shooters' during the US civil war used to wrap fore stocks & barrels in raw hide, stitch it together and let them dry to provide grip and absorb shock.

Leather wraps were used to keep shooters hands from freezing to the barrels on the Russian front and other fronts.
    Mostly field made, but they show up in WWII pictures.

Simo Hayha had a leather glove with a loop for the rifle to fit into so he could use the iron sights he left hanging on the rifle.
    It's in a couple of his pictures.

Palma shooters use a specialty glove that's somewhat like Simo Hayha used, and those guys are serious shooters.

A bunch of us were trained to use a sling under the rifle, in the fore grip on the rifle.

I wonder if it's to protect sights AND provide a handhold when deploying the rifle...
    Cool addition no matter the intended or actual use!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Interesting leather piece. I've never seen anything like it. My first thought was to prevent heat rising from the exposed metal altering the view through the glass.

Top Bottom