• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Police union of the National Police of Spain expresses concern that GC (Guardia Civil) will be issued CETME Model C. Model C phased out of Spanish military service in 1984.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...il-issued-with-obsolete-rifles/#disqus_thread

CETME Model C (The C was an evolutionary product from the Gerat06, in the same family of operation as the G3):

cetme_cs.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Maybe they should sell those antiques :rolleyes: as parts kits and invest the $ raised in some newer better rifles. I'm sure Colt or H&K or any other of a myriad of manufacturers would be happy to accommodate them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Maybe they should sell those antiques :rolleyes: as parts kits and invest the $ raised in some newer better rifles. I'm sure Colt or H&K or any other of a myriad of manufacturers would be happy to accommodate them.

They will, just like they did with the Model L.

However, if you follow Spanish politics you know that the National Police are . . . disfavored right now. They will part out of the Model Cs in a few years and then sell to our neighbors in Richmond, Indiana maybe.:D

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Will a 7.62 NATO out of an old G3 class rifle kill you less than a 7.62 NATO out of a shiny new AR-10? Is the rifle too old for service if it's been well maintained? Hmmmm glance at my M1 Garand and M1 carbine...then my win 92/94. Will a 7.62 NATO fired out of my 1891 Mauser be less deadly?

The National Police just want shiny new and the union is arguing for more leverage on the treasury. Or maybe they are just lazy/weak and want to move to a more comfortable/lighter plastic platform.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Let me think.... a nationalized and unionized police force..... why the hell would I want them to have a good firearm?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    That's akin to modern, 2019 US police being issued M14s for general patrol rifle use... Kinda... foolish... Sure, sure, I'm sure the "muh M14" groups will come out to crucify me, but let's be honest: Police work, 5.56 just is a better round than .308, and the M14 is a maintenance and parts hog. Same with the HK designs. Special tools, expensive parts, armorer classes that would make you vomit from stress. People who think roller rifles are the best thing ever never had to repair one... I'm STILL finagling with my C93 after 2k rounds, the headspace went wonky...

Think about it... It's Europe... They aren't walking the streets with these. These will come out after the bomb has gone off at checkpoints kinda thing.

Top Bottom