• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Miss out on the Galil of the '80s? Well, don't pout, ATI introduces the Galeo.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/22/american-tactical-introduces-galeo-rifle/

ddfdf-660x190.jpg

unnamed-5-660x181.jpg

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I’ll pass
    1. AK safety hard to operate effectively
    2. Unique mags
    3. Not known for accuracy

It is rumored to be reliable?
    The IDF prefers the M16 series rifle!
    This guy on INGO just the other day was telling me how unsafe AK series rifles are because of rounds sticking to the bolt face.

BTW
    I never could get the hang of the AK mag removal the whole tilting things screws me up.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Miss out on the Galil of the '80s? Well, don't pout, ATI introduces the Galeo.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/22/american-tactical-introduces-galeo-rifle/

ddfdf-660x190.jpg

unnamed-5-660x181.jpg

Odd! Just last night I watched a show on Outdoor channel with Joe Mantegna reviewing the Galil. Per the information the Israeli forces really liked the gun. It came with a Tripod that included a wire cutter and a carry handle so it could also be considered a Light machine gun. The only real issues were that it was quite heavy and expensive to produce.

According to the show the demise of the firearm came at the end of the Vietnam war due to the USA offering either free or almost free, boatloads of surplus M16 rifles. Israeli decided to go with the M16 and use the money saved for other military uses.

The Galil was issued in caliber NATO .556, but some were also made as NATO .762 X 51. Apparently few made it to the USA but many were sold to other countries. After the producer became a private industry they also produced a cheaper lighter version using a Polymer receiver for export. Don't know if that is the Galeo being offered now..

Top Bottom