• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Henry is one company who actually listens to their customer base.
    What a novel concept.

I'll be looking at one of these.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Marlin and Winchester stockholders right now...
    giphy.gif

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    RIP Marlin. They're toast if this comes to Henry's basic models. Loading gate was literally the only reason to ever choose one over Henry after Freedom Group trashed their reputation.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    RIP Marlin. They're toast if this comes to Henry's basic models. Loading gate was literally the only reason to ever choose one over Henry after Freedom Group trashed their reputation.
    Henry's are considerably more expensive than Remlins. They're worth more, but you pay for the quality.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The Henry Big Boy in 45 Colt is a great rifle, accurate with 325 grain cast loads that drop everything they hit.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    But...
    The loading gate has always been in the side. :dunno:

....Oh... That's right.
    Mine are all Winchesters. Carry on.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Henry's are considerably more expensive than Remlins. They're worth more, but you pay for the quality.

Eh. My .45 was under $650 OTD. I mean yeah I can't buy a 30-30 Henry from Walmart for $375, but the quality difference is well worth the money.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Looks like they left the removable tube with a loading gate, that will help with unloading & cleaning.
    I'm wondering what the cost will be...???

I spent my 'Disposable Income' at the machine gun shoot, looks like I need to get some overtime ;)
    One in .30-30 would look REAL GOOD in with my other lever guns!...

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Henry got my attention with the case hardening look I just that that’s the look, but still did not like the tube feed. But now they have my attention. Just to wait for the case hardened with the octagon barrel and side gate.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I am by no means a lever gun guy, but I can certainly appreciate them and wouldn't turn one down...

As I was getting ready to leave Friday morning I received an e-mail from IV8888 about the new Henry and watched the video. Then when I arrived Henry was right inside the door I entered!

Beautiful rifles! Personally I think leaving the tube feed in place was a smart move. Lower cost production and easy way to dump rounds. Speaking to the representatives it was pretty clear Henry is waiting to see how the sales of these go, but are prepared to move forward on other lines if the customer response is there.

I'd love to see a pistol caliber with a pistol grip stock and side loading gate. That might get me motivated for a lever gun.

The Henry representatives were interesting to listen to, it appears to be a company which not only listens, but then strives to not produce something until it's correct.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Hmmm. Loading gate came out in 1866. So they are only about 153 years late. But hey, better late than never. The lack of a loading gate is the only reason I have not considered a Henry in the past. I know the Remlins deserve all the trash talk they get, but in the last few years all reports say the quality has come up significantly. And with Ballard rifling in all rifles, I believe, they should shoot big cast boolits as well as jacketed bullets. If I choose to add a 3rd 44 mag lever gun it will be a difficult decision which one...assuming Henry adds one in the future with a loading gate.

Anyone looking for a Henry in 44 mag and can't wait for, or don't care about the side loading gate, check out gunbroker [FONT=&quot]810646820

[/FONT]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom