• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I’m prepping for 1 mile in May. Finally had the opportunity to shooting 1000 yards recently (was blessed with a contact a couple hours away). WOW does that windage, spin drift, etc affect the round. Any good places to practice anywhere near Indy that reach 1k?

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I’m prepping for 1 mile in May. Finally had the opportunity to shooting 1000 yards recently (was blessed with a contact a couple hours away). WOW does that windage, spin drift, etc affect the round. Any good places to practice anywhere near Indy that reach 1k?

You're in luck! 3x1000 next weekend (May 18th). If you're wanting to learn, there's not many better places to do it. There's several guys in the club that can run with most anyone in the country at 1000 yards.

CIHPRS - NRA Registered Long Range Prone, F-Class, and Fullbore 3x1000

Whatcha bringing to play with?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    As mentioned, Atterbury with CIHPRS is going to be your closest option by a good margin unless you know someone with land.

Cevranath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2019
    Greenwood
    Also looking.

You're in luck! 3x1000 next weekend (May 18th). If you're wanting to learn, there's not many better places to do it. There's several guys in the club that can run with most anyone in the country at 1000 yards.

I am looking as well. I have
    Savage stealth evo in 6.5 creedmoor
    Vortex viper pst gen 2 5-25x50 ffp moa
    Atlas psr bipod

Silencerco Omega 300 on its way.
    I am working on a suppressor for it. Just waiting for paperwork. Are there any competitions that allow cans?
    I would like to use a QD on it. If not I guess I could just keep it as a screw on? I have only shot the rifle to 200 yds once and I want to get a lot better at longer ranges but don't know where to go. Any ideas?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Cevranath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2019
    Greenwood

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I am looking as well. I have
    Savage stealth evo in 6.5 creedmoor
    Vortex viper pst gen 2 5-25x50 ffp moa
    Atlas psr bipod

Silencerco Omega 300 on its way.
    I am working on a suppressor for it. Just waiting for paperwork. Are there any competitions that allow cans?
    I would like to use a QD on it. If not I guess I could just keep it as a screw on? I have only shot the rifle to 200 yds once and I want to get a lot better at longer ranges but don't know where to go. Any ideas?

For F-class, technically speaking a suppressor isnt legal for use in an NRA sanctioned match, but I can tell you you'll be more than welcome to come and shoot with it at Atterbury. I think you'd just be shooting "out of competition."

The only thing not allowed is a brake. We shoot too close together, and a brake would be pretty harsh to the next target over.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal

Aw dang, just noticed your reply. But I’ve got lots of loading to do anyways. I run a Ruger Precision Gen 3, 6.5 creedmoor with Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56

MuncieFud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2018
    Muncie
    I'm looking into taking a trip to bass and bucks. Does anyone know if they have steel targets set out, could I bring my own, or is it only paper?

Top Bottom