• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This thing has been in the works for a very, very long time. Since I first put my .308 together I have wanted a 22lr clone of it. I had a Remington 40X for a few years which I had the barrel cut and a bolt knob put on but it was a single shot and just not quite what I was after. A few years ago Vudoo Gun Works came out with a mag fed 22lr repeater based on the Rem 700 footprint and I thought I was in heaven, until I saw the price tag. I won't bore you with the details but fast forward a few years and my once super cool, cutting edge .308 wasn't any longer and deals began to show up on occasion for the scope & chassis I was using. Today I finally mounted the scope and shot the first 15 rounds through her. 5 to get a decent zero then a 10 shot group at 50yds. We've got 15mph-25mph winds right now so I'm more than pleased with what she showed me. I needed a pick me up today and this was just what the doctor ordered.

.308 on top, 22lr below
    ojaEM09h.jpg

10 rounds at 50yds
    A6rKYaqh.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't know that your group impresses me with the rifle so much. I believe you could squeeze sub-MOA out of a Carcano.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks for sharing your impressive builds!
    Great group, especially with significant winds.

What ammo did your .22 rifle like?

A friend gave me a box of Eley Match which is what I shot that group with. He has a 40X which shoots it extremely well, it was definitely a good place to start.

Top Bottom